• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally arrived!!

after almost 3 years of trying to join the queue of owners, order placed this morning.

My Aldi Kamado arrived this morning (ordered on Sunday) and I'm pleased to report that it's in great condition - no dinks, nothing missing nor broken in transit. I'm very happy  

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Grue666 said:

I got 1 for a friend at 08.00 and currently have one in my basket waiting for another friend to decide if she wants it. Did you get one?

Yep sure did. Had a laptop on all night with a chrome extension refreshing the page every 5 seconds. Actively monitored it from 0730 - got one as soon as it went live at 8, first batch was sold out by 8.01.

20 minutes ago, Comacchio said:

Yep sure did. Had a laptop on all night with a chrome extension refreshing the page every 5 seconds. Actively monitored it from 0730 - got one as soon as it went live at 8, first batch was sold out by 8.01.

We’ll done. Now for the lottery of whether they arrive safely or not. My Kamado was fine but my Aldi Hanging egg chair was mislaid by the courier!

• Like 1

I managed to get lucky today. Was on the site from 7. The queue it feature on the website got me on for 752. Kamado's dropped at 8 and all went out of stock. 

Spent the first bit of the morning with the right face on. 

Then just randomly checked back at 0911 and some dropped back into stock and I managed to bag one. 

Absolutely buzzing. 

I managed to get lucky today. Was on the site from 7. The queue it feature on the website got me on for 752. Kamado's dropped at 8 and all went out of stock. 

Then just randomly checked back at 0911 and some dropped back into stock and I managed to bag one. 

Absolutely buzzing. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RonnyCombo said:

Absolutely buzzing. 

Exactly how I got mine in April - great news mate and enjoy when it comes.

• Like 1

I actually got one at 10am! No wait no issue. However I cancelled it to free up the stock. I will probably go with a more standard size 21" with grid approx 18-18.4"/46.7cm. once you factor in the divide and conquer at £130 it's a total of £500....so will wait to stretch to approx £650 all in for a regular size unit. 

4 hours ago, RonnyCombo said:

Cheers, already planning the first cook. Few negative people on a Facebook group saying not to get too carried away until it arrives and it is in one piece. 

Fingers crossed

Definitely wishing you all the best, and myself also.  I got another one this morning to replace the one from March which arrived in about 30 pieces in a pile at the bottom of the cardboard crate and had to go back for a refund.

I did notice someone on ebay selling one boxed and unopened.  I was tempted to contact them and suggest they might wish to check inside!

• Like 1
16 hours ago, mackerel said:

I did notice someone on ebay selling one boxed and unopened.  I was tempted to contact them and suggest they might wish to check inside!

Depends on how much they are charging for it. Most of them are just trying to rip people off so I'd rather leave them to their smashed ceramics. 

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, Sexypablo1 said:

Does the Aldi Kamado have the facility to do rotisserie chicken?

Thanks

I bought one but it was the wrong size and doesn’t sit flush on the egg. Still worked but had to adjust vents as not tightly sealed. Chicken still came very good but the rotisserie damaged my seal. New KJ style seal on way and may look at ordering a bigger rotisserie 

39828A0A-7062-4192-BE0E-D83D2424B50D.png

3D9A83E3-573B-44E3-AFA9-71F63951A43E.png

• Like 1

Gents, want to get myself an inkbird as my dial one has died, but so many options. any recommendations, seen comments about getting the wifi so you don't lose the historical tracking if bluetooth is lost. or should I just save myself a chunk of cash and go with the bluetooth one. Also any manual dial replacements that fit straight in?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Inkbird-Bluetooth-Thermometer-Rechargeable-Calibration/dp/B08NJZNFWS/ref=sr_1_10?crid=3BEH3R8E8J01X&dchild=1&keywords=inkbird&qid=1621247151&s=outdoors&sprefix=inkb,outdoor,149&sr=1-10

Edited by paulinportsmouth
2 hours ago, Basbbq said:

I bought one but it was the wrong size and doesn’t sit flush on the egg. Still worked but had to adjust vents as not tightly sealed. Chicken still came very good but the rotisserie damaged my seal. New KJ style seal on way and may look at ordering a bigger rotisserie 

39828A0A-7062-4192-BE0E-D83D2424B50D.png

3D9A83E3-573B-44E3-AFA9-71F63951A43E.png

Did you buy a YNNI / Topq 20" rotisserie? Would be good to know what unit to avoid.