ALDI KAMADO

andya

Hi Liam,

I emailed la hacienda pictures of the damage on mine, which was much less than yours judging by the picture. They responded saying they would not be willing to say anything other than get it replaced as it wasn’t “sound” and they couldn’t guarantee how it would react to heating/cooling. I’m now waiting for the replacement to arrive. With hindsight I think they were being overly cautious. Based on the high volume that are being delivered damaged, and advice on here from people who clearly know what they are talking about, if the next one arrives with the same level or less of damage I will be keeping it. That said, the damage on yours looks very visible and even if I was sure it would function correctly forever I think I would want it replaced. At the end of the day, despite being cheap for what they are, it’s still 350 quid. 

Edited by Airtime0007
  • Like 1

Update on my issue

i emailed La Hacienda and got the following response 

“Hi, 

Thank you for your email.

We are the aftercare sales for spare parts. 

If your product is faulty we would require you to go back to Aldi on 0800 042 0800.

Thank you. 

Kind regards, 

Samantha 

Samantha Tozer
Office Administrator”

i have a feeling this could be as they are getting more and more complaints. I am still awaiting a response from aldi so am going to follow this up with a phone call today. 

Its just frustrating that aldi will be up to 10 days for delivery i am itching to get mine fired up and starting learning and cooking!! 

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, tedmus said:

These are showing online as sold out now. A guy on The FB group ordered one on the 28th,  got despatch notice on the 6th and has now been told he is being refunded so assuming they have no stock left at all.

I’m still waiting for my replacement. They put it through on the 8th. Still no despatch confirmation. I’ve just got off the phone to them. They assured me they definitely have stock to fulfil all orders placed including replacements as they are processed as new orders, so count down on the stock. They told me to phone back on the 21st as that will be 10 working days since the new order. Not sure weather to believe them or not. Guess we will see.  

• Like 1

So have just got off the phone to aldi, first off i had phoned 3 times through the day and waited 20 minutes twice then the last time they answered at 24 minutes in that was annoying but 

they have advised me of 2 options 

return the product for full refund as they are now completely out of stock

or accept a £35 good will gesture and they will uphold the 3 year warranty 

i don't want to send it back so have accepted the £35 and going to put it together tonight. 

I was advised they wont be back on sale this year, i did advise him i had spoke with la hacienda and told him what they said and he said oh right maybe they have no stock either. 

Not really sure what they will do in a warranty claim but hopefully wont have that issue. 

Hi all,

Just another damaged Aldi Kamado coming through! Looks very similar to others posted in this thread. Looks superficial, but still, it still shouldn't be arriving damaged. Can't get anyone on the phone right now so will try again in the morning.

@liam What number did you ring? I tried about 15 mins ago and just got cut off.

kamado-crack.jpg

• Sad 1

Seems I've been lucky! I've got a few very minor pock marks but only the size of pin heads. I'm not worried about them.

Very impressed with the quality to be honest. Knowing they are half the price of the budget competition I wasn't expecting so much.

As said before by others, the deflector is too small, really not sure why, but I'm.gonna get a piece of steel cut the max size the hanger will allow. Can then use the clay deflector as a pizza stone. 

Bloody heavy guys, don't build it on your own like I did!

Looking forward to my first cook 👌

IMG-20190513-WA0010.jpeg

Edited by AmateurPitBoss
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AmateurPitBoss said:

Seems I've been lucky! I've got a few very minor pock marks but only the size of pin heads. I'm not worried about them.

Very impressed with the quality to be honest. Knowing they are half the price of the budget competition I wasn't expecting so much.

As said before by others, the deflector is too small, really not sure why, but I'm.gonna get a piece of steel cut the max size the hanger will allow. Can then use the clay deflector as a pizza stone. 

Bloody heavy guys, don't build it on your own like I did!

Looking forward to my first cook 👌

IMG-20190513-WA0010.jpeg

13" looks like a decent size for a deflector.

So got mine built and really impressed it looks great

l, i have found that my firebox doesn't sit flush to the base so my cooking grate wobbles but ill fix that with a little fire cement on the low spot of the fire box. 

E6A56C43-8269-44F0-A5F5-7E8BEF2E95E6.thumb.jpeg.296489556759f0492a9157fc806f75b6.jpegEFA1BE84-2F27-4E22-B713-E4BA781BC8BE.thumb.jpeg.b0ad079278e66092ec198e9f534f92c7.jpegDDE193F0-5CD6-4B88-8AF8-E8BA8444D631.thumb.jpeg.41bb537e1ee0bd15ca718830afe9afb1.jpeg

• Like 1

This is the response I got from La Hacienda:

Hi,

Thank you for your email and apologies you are experiencing a problem with a La Hacienda product.
Unfortunately we would be unable to comment on how the product will react being used over time, as there are too many variables to factor in such as fuel levels used, external temperature, storage and length of use.
It will be down to you if you choose to continue to use the unit, but we would recommend that the product should only be used if it is in sound condition.
We would advise taking this back to the retailer where your purchased the item and they should resolve for you in line with their customer service policy.

Thank you.

Not very reassuring. I don't know if it is in "sound" condition or not. I mean, it looks it, but I don't know whatever caused that damage has any underlying issue that's not visible at the moment. With no more stock, a new one wouldn't be possible so it's either live with the chip and hope for the best, or find a different one. 

Waiting on a response from Aldi still.

Update from Aldi, they said they'll arrange a refund, and I mentioned a good will gesture, which they came back with £50, so £300 for a chipped Kamado. It is cheap (well, for a Kamado), but is it worth the risk of the chip? 🤔

@MarkG you done well i pushed for £50 but he said no its 10% max obviously he lied hah

am concerned as i have a small crack if it goes will they say it was my fault ?? It looks so small i cant see it as the ceramic is pretty thick. 

Fellas if you are all worried about warranties etc, send them back get a refund and think about getting a better quality product? Looks to me like whilst these are cheaper (albeit 350 quid) they are suffering on quality in comparison. Cheap is what cheap gets? It does look like Aldi have sourced these on the cheap  compared to what they have done in previous years and now they are suffering the fall back and are struggling to keep up with it and the manufacturer is saying it is the retailer's problem (which sounds dodgy to me, They make them and they should provide resolution but I guess that is resolution to Aldi not you).

I do wonder if they are all chipped because Aldi bought in a bunch of seconds effectively form the manufacturer not maximise profit or maybe the manufacturer puled a fast one on Aldi? Someone between those 2 must have known they were chipped or the packaging is not up to necessary standard

Personally, I would send it back, not at all certain that the warranty will have a leg to stand on if the damage results in frost or heat damage through the chip etc, I mean what you see on the surface could hide a hairline crack behind? I have seen problems like this with Sony on their phones for example and the warranty was not honoured without a legal challenge when screen wass cracked due to heat distribution of the phone processor.

I still think £350 is still a substantial sum of money to receive a faulty product  . And this is a brand new product .What happens if the crack increases ? You won’t get a replacement.  I have have had my mini berghoff ceramic for 3-4 years with no cracks . 

Hopefully Aldi will have learned their lesson this year . 

But I simply don’t think it’s acceptable to sell faulty stuff to consumers . 

Edited by Raptor72

31 minutes ago, Raptor72 said:

I still think £350 is still a substantial sum of money to receive a faulty product  . And this is a brand new product .What happens if the crack increases ? You won’t get a replacement.  I have have had my mini berghoff ceramic for 3-4 years with no cracks . 

On 5/10/2019 at 11:04 AM, AmateurPitBoss said:

Mines been with the delivery depot for a week now, still no call to book in delivery, despite 4 calls to try to organise myself, but getting nowhere. My impatience probably isnt helping things along 😂

30 minutes ago, Raptor72 said:

Hi received mine yesterday and all seems to be in working order. Would be useful to find out how many have faults as we don't have enough information to conclude that the situation is worse than last year or for other similar  products. Not much comfort I know for those that have defects with their Kamado.