Sinners Ribs

Smokin Monkey

Not quite Sou Vide.

Sinners Ribs.

Forgive me Lord Of The Smoke for I have Sinned.

Ingridients

2 Costco Rack Of Ribs

2 Tbs Liquid Smoke

Your favorite Rib Rub

150ml of your favorite BBQ Sauce

Cover your Ribs with the Rub.

Add the Liquid smoke to a Slow Cooker/Crockpot and set to high.

Place the ribs in the pot with the meat to the pot walls, one on onside the other opposite.

Put the lid on a cook for 3-4 hours depending on your cooked preference.

once cooked, sauce your ribs, then place in a hot oven for about 10 minutes to glaze the ribs.

image.thumb.jpeg.3da361d77a7bdc9cb6d6c9415e123bbe.jpeg

Ribs in slow cooker with rub applied

image.thumb.jpeg.cadeba2826ea6cc311f486e68e79a4e9.jpeg

Ribs after four hours.

image.thumb.jpeg.f6539519f59d845ab1419e43452963a6.jpeg

Ribs served with sides of Coleslaw, Jacket Potato, Onion Rings and some Green Stuff.

I've always been intrigued about cooking meat in a slow cooker without masses of liquid, I've read about it but never been brave enough to actually do it for some reason. The ribs look great, how did they taste, an acceptable alternative to properly smoked if you're too busy to be attending a smoker?

1 hour ago, valve90210 said:

I've always been intrigued about cooking meat in a slow cooker without masses of liquid, I've read about it but never been brave enough to actually do it for some reason. The ribs look great, how did they taste, an acceptable alternative to properly smoked if you're too busy to be attending a smoker?

They tasted better than some of the BBQ joints I have eaten in. I have seen them smothered in sauce at the start of cooking as well to add moisture.

I would think that a lot of Supermarket ribs are cooked in a similar fashion.

• 1 year later...
On 8/5/2017 at 4:33 PM, Smokin Monkey said:

Not quite Sou Vide.

Sinners Ribs.

Forgive me Lord Of The Smoke for I have Sinned.

Ingridients

2 Costco Rack Of Ribs

2 Tbs Liquid Smoke

Your favorite Rib Rub

150ml of your favorite BBQ Sauce

Cover your Ribs with the Rub.

Add the Liquid smoke to a Slow Cooker/Crockpot and set to high.

Place the ribs in the pot with the meat to the pot walls, one on onside the other opposite.

Put the lid on a cook for 3-4 hours depending on your cooked preference.

once cooked, sauce your ribs, then place in a hot oven for about 10 minutes to glaze the ribs.

image.thumb.jpeg.3da361d77a7bdc9cb6d6c9415e123bbe.jpeg

Ribs in slow cooker with rub applied

image.thumb.jpeg.cadeba2826ea6cc311f486e68e79a4e9.jpeg

Ribs after four hours.

image.thumb.jpeg.f6539519f59d845ab1419e43452963a6.jpeg

Ribs served with sides of Coleslaw, Jacket Potato, Onion Rings and some Green Stuff.

I did this the very first time I failed to smoke a rack as I should have! Gave up because I was unable, on the day, to control the temperature and whacked them in the slow cooker out of desperation, lovely they were. it was at that moment the memsahib asked the killer question "why did you waste all that money on the smoker" I love her really, honest.?

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, valve90210 said:

If my local supermarket has any ribs this evening (unlikely sadly) I might give this a try this weekend as I'm a bit too busy to be tending my smokers but fancy some nice meat :)

Doing a pot roast this Sunday for the first time in ages this weekend. Picked up a fabulous piece of Sainsbury's 21 Day Matured Slow Beef Roast on offer at £6 kg yesterday, ;looking forward to it.

• Like 1