Smokin Monkey

What Commercial Smokers are being used?

Cookshack (Electric) and Fast Eddy (Pellet) by Cookshack are great commercial Smokers and very popular in the restaurant arena.  Southern Pride are also pretty good if you want something that runs on Gas.  All have a decent footprint size and can cope with large amounts of meat.

I use an FEC-120 from Cookshack and apart from a few teething problems when they moved to the multi-layer 240 v board it has worked flawlessly. The BBQ restaurant Que's in Ashford near me also run on a couple of them too. Good capacity and very easy to use.

17 hours ago, Wade said:

I use an FEC-120 from Cookshack and apart from a few teething problems when they moved to the multi-layer 240 v board it has worked flawlessly. The BBQ restaurant Que's in Ashford near me also run on a couple of them too. Good capacity and very easy to use.

Whereabouts are you Wade, I'm near Ashford too ... interesting to know that Que's uses Fast Eddies, they never seem to be smoking much when I go past... not been in though.

I am in Woodchurch. Where are you. I was beginning to think I was a lone wolf in the wilderness down here :D.

I have eaten at Que's once and it was OK. Quite commercial versions of BBQ as you would expect but tasty. They have part of the restaurant as a wine bar too which is where most of their trade comes from I think

I've been meaning to get myself along to Que's at some point to either inspire me  (if it's amazing) or satisfy me (if mine is better...:D)

Prepare to be satisfied. Their BBQ is good but it is commercial. It is much more difficult to maintain the home quality when you are having to produce it 6 days a week.

The big guns use J & R's  from Mesquite in Texas

The other types are Old Hickory's or Southern Pride. Both of these are either electric or gas + wood or wood and charcoal in the firebox. Mostly working on 3 phase power and pretty spot on for a scaled up operation.