Jump to content

Kamado Conundrum


Recommended Posts

I dont know, to be honest.

Looking at the specs, the Classic 2 is 15Kg heavier than the 1. I wonder if they changed the body shape or thickness?

If the bodies are identical and the AMP firebox and D&C system are now included in the Classic 1, then the Classic 2 looks way over-priced. It might be worth posting on Kamadoguru.com. Joe Setzler knows everything there is to know about KJ products.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, SamP said:

Yeah, I think they've changed the firebox as they were having to replace under warranty.

So as I see it the differences between 1 and 2 are:


The hinge - this was never an issue for me on the pitboss I had.
The felt - this could be replaced to the upgraded version when it needs replacing
The vent - this is the main issue, but a replacement looks to be £75

Is there anything else im not thinking about for the classic 1?

The top vent could be replaced, Although there is a nice work around to stop the old version from shutting everytime its opened. Basically just line up the 2 screws with the handle/front and the hinge/back of the lid.👍

I had planned to replace my Monolith top vent with the new Kamado Joe top vent a couple of years ago after getting it...this workaround works well enough until it eventually rusts (made from cast iron) and then I will replace it.

I think you covered everything to my knowledge👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, The Chairmaker said:

Looking at the specs, the Classic 2 is 15Kg heavier than the 1. I wonder if they changed the body shape or thickness?

Seems like it to me. I cant imagine the new hinge adding that much extra weight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Ive asked over on Kamadoguru and a bloke reckons that the ceramics are the same. Based on that, the OP's offer looks pretty good, as long as the seller confirms that it has the later firebox and the D&C system. Make sure its not an older one found at the back of the warehouse!.

Building the bundle might save a few more quid. The kontrol tower is £70, a Joetisserie is £279 and a classic 1 bundle from Birstalls (with a cover, charcoal and delivery) is £899. That.s a total of £1250 with £250 in your back pocket for other bits and bobs.

https://www.birstall.co.uk/products/kamado-joe-ceramic-classic-joe-cover-bundle-.html

Edited by The Chairmaker
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, dl8860 said:

@Craig Price

Kamado Joe classic 2 is £1,199 right now on amazon. 

 

Can even do 12 monthly payments of 99.95, that's interest free. 

That 12 payment option is a great deal, better than getting just 12 months of a top tier tv package from sky/virgin/bt etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, AdamG said:

That 12 payment option is a great deal, better than getting just 12 months of a top tier tv package from sky/virgin/bt etc.

Don't forget we have to pay for the meat too 😁

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, dl8860 said:

@Craig Price

Kamado Joe classic 2 is £1,199 right now on amazon. 

 

Can even do 12 monthly payments of 99.95, that's interest free. 

Bloody good deal that. At that price it's not worth buying the older Classic 1 and adding the Kontrol tower. It also seems that Classics are now shipping with the metal shelves (was a £120 upgrade) too. I know that the Big Joe ll that I had delivered this week had the metal shelves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, The Chairmaker said:

@Craig Price
How did you get on?

Big fat bullet got bitten on Monday this week.

bundle at QuBox and managed to squeeze a couple of extras

Monolith Classic Pro Series 2.0 with cart in brick red

Monolith Cover

Pizza Stone

2 x bags Fuel

Pair of Feuermeister Gloves

Monolith Mono Lighter

£1482

Delivery hopefully on or before 21st June, just got to get a shift on with the garden makeover, new patio, decking and build as I go BBQ shack now

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Craig Price said:

Big fat bullet got bitten on Monday this week.

bundle at QuBox and managed to squeeze a couple of extras

Monolith Classic Pro Series 2.0 with cart in brick red

Monolith Cover

Pizza Stone

2 x bags Fuel

Pair of Feuermeister Gloves

Monolith Mono Lighter

£1482

Delivery hopefully on or before 21st June, just got to get a shift on with the garden makeover, new patio, decking and build as I go BBQ shack now

The only thing missing is a bottle of chilled beer, enjoy.

Cheers n Gone Nick

5 hours ago, Craig Price said:

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...