Lidl Mini Kamado (2021) On Sale From 22nd April £99.99

sotv

Seems to be a price increase of £20 over the last 2 years, had a name change and a different thermometer by the looks of it, otherwise specs seem the same. Still good value with the price increase though?

Grillmeister Mini Kamado Barbecue

374892_998.jpg

Fire up your grilling game with this ceramic barbecue in a traditional Japanese style known for its versatility and exceptional flavour – perfect for barbecue connoisseurs

Great for smoking, baking, grilling and high-temperature cooking

Inner grill bowl and fire bowl inserts made from high-quality ceramic which retains the heat

Achievable temperatures of 110 to 370°C with even, long-lasting heat emission

Ceramic grill body with hard-wearing enamel coating

Ø26.5cm stainless steel grill rack

Easy to use, with fire bowl ventilation slider made from stainless steel and lid ventilation regulator made from cast iron

Spring-loaded hinged lid with a durable felt seal and a strong wooden handle

Integrated thermometer with degree scale and marked cooking levels

Cast iron charcoal grate

Powder-coated steel legs

Size: W44 x D48.5 x H54.5cm

Weight: 19.5kg

3-year warranty

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sotv said:

Seems to be a price increase of £20 over the last 2 years, had a name change and a different thermometer by the looks of it, otherwise specs seem the same. Still good value with the price increase though?

This model has a stainless steel grate which I'd prefer over the older enamelled grate and it has a perforated vent as well at the bottom for more detailed control. Both are great upgrades not sure if together are worth the £20 but even at the £99 I'd definitely  buy one if I didn't own the older one. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Smokin_Bee said:

Thanks for posting. I’d like one of these.

I’m guessing this is a ‘get to Lidl hours before they open and queue jobbie?’

That may help....if you do buy one check it for any damage before leaving the store...

Ice.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, paul6057 said:

Stupid question perhaps, but what do you use something like this for? What it their niche?

And second question, are these in-store only?

It's great for a couple of steaks, it comes to temp very quick, only needs maybe 4/5 coals, easy to take away if camping? (when we can 😆). 

Yes in-store only..

Ice.

• Like 1

Just popped down to lidl on the Bath Road in Reading around an hour ago, they had 10ish left so I imagine most will still be there tomorrow morning if anyone lives near and is after one. 

I picked one up and have built it - all good apart from loads of tiny surface cracks in the glaze. I imagine its still fine to use as the inside all looks ok. 

Has anyone else had the same issue with cracked glaze on these lidl kamados?  

20210422_205129.thumb.jpg.6a3c115d3c24deecc650177e9120f248.jpg

Can't really complain for £100 though! 

I wouldn't worry about tiny cracks in the glaze. Look at most kamados once they've been through a heat cycle or two and they'll all look like that. It's called "crazing". Onlt be worried if the actual ceramic has a proper crack in it.

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1138015/cracks-in-glaze-on-top

https://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/5519-fine-cracking-in-glaze/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any decent Lumpwood would work. Stay away from Briquettes as they have additives that can taint the ceramic and are more prone to blocking which will restrict airflow. 

I have a bag of Kamado Joe big block. Its great but i do need to break some of the bigger pieces down for it. I have also Used B&Qs/Tesco Lumpwood and had it running no problems. But yo do get better results from a quality Lump.

On 4/27/2021 at 11:47 AM, hoogl said:

I got myself this One with the Drip pan last year. But I think shipping from EU may increase the cost. From what I understand the YNNI one will be fine. Both will do a great job for a smoke. 

Pretty hefty postage, €16 on a €23 item!

Any Glasgow-area people want to share postage on ordering more than one? 

On 4/26/2021 at 1:54 PM, The Chairmaker said:

Yes, only burn lumpwood charcoal. Briquettes produce far too much ash for a kamado.

Would you advise against briquettes even with the Australian Heat Beads? I've seen people raving about them on other forums so was thinking of trying to pick some up. Thanks!

2 hours ago, mymuk said:

Pretty hefty postage, €16 on a €23 item!

Any Glasgow-area people want to share postage on ordering more than one? 

Ironically I'm Glasgow adjacent (Carbuncle Award winning town twice)

The one you linked from eBay will be fine. I'd go for the fully folded so you can fit a drip pan. But others wouldn't bother and go for full flat as can use as a plancha.

29 minutes ago, P Bodine said:

Would you advise against briquettes even with the Australian Heat Beads? I've seen people raving about them on other forums so was thinking of trying to pick some up. Thanks!

Yes, the heat beads are great for porcelain bbqs. Give great head and burn slow but give out too much Ash for a kamado so might block the air flow. Plus briquettes have additives so may taint the ceramic. Stick with a lumpwood you'll get better results.

• Like 1