New joiner from Herts

Dazza

Ha, my situation is worse as (close your eyes) my wife doesn’t like bbq/smoke flavour at all. At least my kids do tho! 

well, I’m extremely indecisive about most things. I currently have a Weber standard kettle (it’s 10 yr old) and bottom vents are broken. I won’t throw it away as it’s fine for a bbq but I’m seriously considering going for a bullet smoker as love the idea of doing whole pieces of meat. I could go for a proq but having read about the callow I’m now not sure whether to jump in at 300quid or start for the next few years with the callow (though the callow only comes in one size which is quite small and so wondering whether to just jump to the proq). Decisions...

Nightmare, Maybe time for a new wife? 😁 At least the kids are on your side. 

I debated for a long time and even though its just me and gf I went with the 57cm/22" WSM. My thoughts are go for the biggest BBQ you can afford as you can always cook smaller cuts of meat but cant go bigger. 

The Proq is great for the adaptability and there are times I think it would be easier to use that I have been able to use my WSM without the mid section so can do a smaller more kettle style cook.  

Thanks! Yeah was thinking of the middle proq as 400 is a bit much to spend for me. Though when I saw the callow maybe similar for nearly a third the price albeit quite small it is tempting! 

I had a few other qs but will post under a sep thread at some point! 

Also, I think it’s probably worth me trying to smoke a chicken on my kettle  before jumping in to a proq. It’s quite a big kettle (57cm). Do you know how much briquettes I’d need and if there is an ideal fuel set up for a whole chicken(assuming I wait for the weather to get slightly warmer (next week May reach 14 or 15!).