Anyone Found An Affordable Pellet Storage System For Outdoors?

sotv

Bought quite a few different varieties of bags of pellets to get me through the summer. I would ideally like to keep them loose in a container in a hopper or air and watertight containers. I don't have a garage or space in the shed for them, so would need to be stored outside, Would rather keep them seperate from the keiter storage cabinet I keep the charcoal in currently and not sure something like that would be totally moisture resistant for a period of time anyway.

I gather pellets loose or in a bag need to be stored off the ground as well, so ideally something raised or on wheels would be good as well.

1 hour ago, hoogl said:

What about the 5 gallon buckets? you can get them for Food or for Car Wash

Thanks for the links, got about 18 bags of pellets in the spare bedroom at the moment, buckets probably won't work for that amount. need a bit of outside storage.

Was looking at this Keter High-Store + but as with everything it's out of stock everywhere except one place selling it for twice the rrp, that I can see. Seems well reviewed stays dry inside and has shelving and a base to store the pellets and charcoal and other bits and bobs.

Keter_highStore_OCT_2020_Integration_G_H

I use these from B&Q. The pellets stay outside in them all year round and the pellets are fine. Keep the pellets in their plastic bags in the boxes and wrap down the necks of the bags if they have been opened. Weatherproof, stackable and only £16.50 each

https://www.diy.com/departments/form-skyda-heavy-duty-black-149l-plastic-nestable-storage-trunk/3663602763505_BQ.prd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wade said:

I use these from B&Q. The pellets stay outside in them all year round and the pellets are fine. Keep the pellets in their plastic bags in the boxes and wrap down the necks of the bags if they have been opened. Weatherproof, stackable and only £16.50 each

https://www.diy.com/departments/form-skyda-heavy-duty-black-149l-plastic-nestable-storage-trunk/3663602763505_BQ.prd

Can’t recommend these enough, we currently have our Christmas decorations in one and it’s been great for the last few years. Always well preserved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wade said:

Thanks Wade, look good How many unopened 10kg bags of pellets can you get in them?

I can get 6 x 10Kg bags of pellets in each box - 4 standing upright and 2 laying flat on the top

20210408_070523.thumb.jpg.7bdcffc07e8a38e7fe8e509c62b0cadc.jpg

They also stack well. Excuse the project wood laying on the top - that will soon be turned into garden planters for SWMBO

20210408_070445.thumb.jpg.57967a9f5e2ff80cd9a0f69ab904d2d9.jpg

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Wade said:

I can get 6 x 10Kg bags of pellets in each box - 4 standing upright and 2 laying flat on the top

20210408_070523.thumb.jpg.7bdcffc07e8a38e7fe8e509c62b0cadc.jpg

They also stack well. Excuse the project wood laying on the top - that will soon be turned into garden planters for SWMBO

20210408_070445.thumb.jpg.57967a9f5e2ff80cd9a0f69ab904d2d9.jpg

Thanks for that Wade they look ideal, my local one doesn't have any stock, so will get them delivered. I was expecting you to say 2 or 3 bags for each one. Think I'll get 4 of them to 2 for pellets and 2 for charcoal and see if that is enough