Callow Premium Charcoal Smoker BBQ Grill £89.99 Delivered @ JTF (Supplier Direct)

sotv

I know a few people look at this as a good starter model, JTF have it at a good price at this moment in time for £89.99 delivered supplier direct. Bought a Pit Barrel Company from JTF a month ago and had it within two days (Gardenline sent it) and worked out £60 cheaper getting it at JTF than Gardenline themselves 😃 They do sell the real stuff, just cheaper than the supplier itself it seems for certain things.

3 minutes ago, Icefever said:

Makes you wonder just what the markup is on some of this products....🤔.

Ice.

It's so hard to get even just Weber BBQ's or anything really at the moment, everything is selling out so fast even at full price and as not a lot of stuff is manufactured on a mass scale over here, you have to wait months for a restock once sold out. I think the thought of another Covid stay at home summer is getting people interested in cooking outdoors now, more so than ever

Edited by sotv

10-Rog on that...when I started looking for the Masterbuilt I found some firms  £50/£70 lower price than others.  Which looks good but then you add shipping and other bits & bobs, I got a brilliant deal with Oliver and free delivery...

Ice.

• Like 1

With some premium brands the minumum sale price is often determined by the manufacturer as part of their trade contract. I recall this being so ridged that even Weber UK themselves (at their training courses) were not permitted to sell to the public at less than full RRP.

With the less restricted brands I think the markup is often down to the overheads of operating the company. A larger company has to make a minimum %age to cover all their costs, whereas a small one-person-band operating from home through an E-bay shop can afford to make only a small profit and hope that they do not have too many returns.

• Like 1

My callow smoker arrived today, bought on jtf.com but shipped from Callow in Lincoln. It looks good at £89.99 but I wonder what version I have? On the box is says CVBS01 so I think it maybe version 1. 

@ Wade, would you know what version this is? I also emailed Callow but have not heard back yet

Thanks,

Mark

IMG_20210407_144149052.jpg

Edited by ribgobbler
Correction of part number

@Wadewill confirm. But a quick google search of CVBS01 You put (CVSB01) in your post? But CVBS01 comes up with the same description and model number  that everyone else is selling right now including JTF

Your Model number in Wilko description https://www.wilko.com/callow-vertical-bbq-smoker-grill/p/0513902

Gardenstreet under Header https://www.gardenstreet.co.uk/barbecues-c258/bbq-smokers-c245/callow-vertical-bbq-smoker-grill-p10751/s22030

UKfinefoods (official retailer) model number in URL https://www.ukfinefoods.co.uk/products/cvbs01/premium-charcoal-smoker-bbq-grill

• Like 1

You will almost certainly have the mark 3 -  as the mark 2 has not been imported for at least the last 2 years. The easiest way to check is with the fire basket. If the fire basket has a thick wire/rod bottom then it is a mark 3. The marks 1 and 2 had a pressed steel fire basket with punched holes in the bottom.

• Like 1