First smoker advice

Chris Mck

Just looking for a bit of advice on what might be the best smoker to buy to start out. Have seen the barrel smokers and offsets, not sure what might be best as a starter. Budget wise i'm looking to spend around £200 to £300 but would spend a bit more if it meant getting something good. Any advice would be appreciated.

How long is a piece of  string??? ..🤔....first off welcome to the forum Chris...it's a hard question to answer mate.

With that price range you could go for a Proq Frontier, but also a Weber and a number of others.

I think you need to say what you want?...a bullitt or kettle smoker to start with....how many will you be cooking for??

Ice.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2021 at 5:46 PM, Icefever said:

How long is a piece of  string??? ..🤔....first off welcome to the forum Chris...it's a hard question to answer mate.

With that price range you could go for a Proq Frontier, but also a Weber and a number of others.

I think you need to say what you want?...a bullitt or kettle smoker to start with....how many will you be cooking for??

Ice.

I'd agree with the above. I started with a Bullet (57cm/22" WSM). For me I'd looked at offset etc and i preferred the set it and forget it ability of the Bullet. An offset looked fun but I didn't want to babysit the fire. 

A kettle is a great alternative as they are versatile. Can do low and slow or a quick grill and sear. Though you can do the same in a Bullet just with a few more adjustments. 

How many people are you cooking for? What type of cooks? Do you want to source wood or happy with charcoal? 

• Like 1