Total newbie, hello

David H 69

Hi all

New member with quite a limited barbecue experience here, so expect lots of stupid questions....

Just purchased the Aldi Kamado this morning and am looking forward to getting it installed and firing it up for what could be another summer lock in.

I have been swatting up and have already purchased 20 kg of easylight briquettes and a litre of starter fluid!

just joking BTW 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MRW I see your fuel choice. RGAMu33.gif

Also welcome. What's your first cook? Lots say chicken but I think pork shoulder is a great first choice as its very forgiving. Or even Better Pork Shoulder and some Chicken wings or Drumsticks. :th_INGardenbbq7:

2 hours ago, David H 69 said:

Yeah, I need to get all the bits n bobs, so I will definitely have a meat thermometer on my list.

Any recommendations for an online BBQ supplies shop?

Or is Ebay the best bet, i don't use amazon.

Just spend a  little time surfing the net,  try this link...https://thermapen.co.uk/18-bbq-barbecue-thermometers

Take it easy you don't need a load of items to be a good BBQ'er.....patience is a virtue in this hobby....

Ice.

2 hours ago, Icefever said:

Just spend a  little time surfing the net,  try this link...https://thermapen.co.uk/18-bbq-barbecue-thermometers

Take it easy you don't need a load of items to be a good BBQ'er.....patience is a virtue in this hobby....

Ice.

Thanks, I'm not planning on going mad, just the basic tools for now, a pair of gloves and the thermometer.

Maybe a plancha (thinks that's how you spell it) and a beercan stand