1st Midland Tailgate Weekend on 4th - 6th June 2021.

Icefever

I am counting 11 people, that is good number sure more can come if they want but it is viable (consider what we bbq related to how many people of course), looking forward to seeing you all again and meeting some new faces, it has been too long.

I happy to do no fish paella again (like I did at the last Northern one) on the Friday night if you want. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Justin said:

I am counting 11 people, that is good number sure more can come if they want but it is viable (consider what we bbq related to how many people of course), looking forward to seeing you all again and meeting some new faces, it has been too long.

I happy to do no fish paella again (like I did at the last Northern one) on the Friday night if you want. 

It certainly has been a long time Justin! Will be great to get together and have a chat over a Beer 🍺 

On 5/12/2021 at 12:46 PM, Bbq life uk said:

Matt can't do the dates now unfortunately. I im and so is rayn Saturday day/night only,we are both kipping in the car 🤣

@Justin...I am counting 11 people, that is good number sure more can come if they want

No down to 10 Justin....it would be nice to have a few more.....time will tell.

Ice.

For those thinking of coming and can't camp, Travelodge in Tamworth Town Centre (5 miles from campsite) are available for 1 night £21.24 for the Fri  or £32.99 Sat for either 1 or 2 people or 2 nights for £59

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Bbq life uk said:

Am I ok to post/ advertise in my Facebook group to see if anyone isms interested? 

The more the merrier, please do, the site is less than 1 mile off Juction 9 off the M42 so nice & central & easy to find

• Like 3

We're not out the woods just yet, this Indian variant is getting a foot hold in lots of areas. News headlines say it could all be delayed, there's no way of knowing what's going to happen...we have to take it day by day.

Ice.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Smokin Monkey said:

That is certainly acceptable! If you ask @Mick, be brings the biggest Dog you have ever seen to our Tailgates!

Unfortunately I can't make this one 😭 I am so disappointed but we are already booked up with no chance of cancelling

On 5/14/2021 at 10:31 AM, Icefever said:

That's my thoughts on it also....maybe kick it into touch and go for the Woodsmoke 21???????  any inews/ideas on Woodsmoke??

Ice.

I am feeling confident the midland inaugural tailgate can go ahead, not least as it is an outside event. Obviously the next couple of weeks will clarify but hopeful, My dog walkers bbq I organise for local dog walkers in the park outside my house is go to  ahead next Sunday 23rd.

This Indian variant is putting everything into the mixer....I can't see what the hell is going to happen.  The headlines this morning are saying that relaxing the rules may now be pushed on for more time....

"India Covid variant arrives in UK" was reported on the 29th of April....that was 19 days back....we only have 16 days to sort out if we run with this meeting.

Ice.

I think the key thing is we will be meeting outside not inside mate.  But lets see nearer the time. .  I test every three days  and have had first vaccine.  That gives me security in what I believe. We can make a firm decision 2 days before to allow one to get the ingredients they want together.  I also think anyone attending should take a one of the  free tests available from local pharmacy or government website the day before attending. It is so easy to do. I take one every 3 days anyway

Edited by Justin
  • Like 2

OK after talking to admin it's been decided to postponed the Midland tailgate for now because of the unknown problems with the virus that may arrise over the next few weeks.

The good news is the possibly that we may hold the Woodsmoke 21 at the same site later this year....watch this space.

Ice

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Disappointing, nothing is conclusive yet, the next 1 to 2 weeks will make things clearer.  Again as it is outside it is much simpler issue than it being a inside event. I ma having a dog walkers tailgate in the park outside my house this Sunday for instance

Edited by Justin