It is not the daisy wheel mate (I can remove that as per ice advice,it is the adaptor and the spacing doe snot line up with the holes.  I am in touch with Pro q.  I think it needs this adaptor. I a thinking they have sent the wrong adaptor for 14.5 inch wsm.

image.thumb.png.0dd675e0ec30100a3757f61d823b3715.png

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is my personal review on the SmartFire Pit Controller which was purchased form their Website Current retail price of $244.90 AUD £139.20 with free International Shipping. This comes with out

OK SmartFire Folks,  New Section for SmartFire Controller, Discussion etc SmartFire Controller Discussion

I've just done the same,  should be here by Friday hope so then I can have a play with it over the weekend.....  cost also the same as the frontier    don't tell the piggy bank, it knows nothing at th

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Justin said:

It is not the daisy wheel mate (I can remove that as per ice advice,it is the adaptor and the spacing doe snot line up with the holes.  I am in touch with Pro q.  I think it needs this adaptor. I a thinking they have sent the wrong adaptor for 14.5 inch wsm.

image.thumb.png.0dd675e0ec30100a3757f61d823b3715.png

Yes, that look much more flexible. Looks at though you have it in hand with the guys & girls @ Mac's now

Cheers n Gone Nick

Macs BBQ just come back and said universal dish is the right adaptor and just bend down tabs and it does not line up perfect but air will get through.

Yes but it is is not a good fit the bronze thread nut is supposed to be on the inside of the bowl not outside.  I might drill anew bolt hole to make it line up better, the bowl need to shift to the  right and down a bit (from the inside of the bowl point of view) so the bolt needs to move left and up a bit as the bolt hole is in the wrong place for 14.5inch WSM

They do not stock the right adaptor which is the above, that is the right one double threaded. Not that impressed with Macs to be honest, it is fudge.

What do you guys think?

20200915_143717.thumb.jpg.3708ae9fde901c2caf1349c2b116c5e6.jpg

It has topped out at around 117 on 110 target and now dropped to 113 . I need to cover up in bowl hole as air is being drawn in from there a little so can fine tune that tomorrow. But overall impressed

Dropped to 102.3, fan 100%, so range 102 to 117 on 110. I appreciate the device is learning my wsm and will improve. It is good enough, will put some meat on on it next time!

Not getting any graph coming up on my phone though, trying to figure out why

I had this going about 8 hours and it is rock solid  I have dialled up to 160 now down to 90. Rock solid. Very impressive and all from my rav pack battery which was half full. Half bowl of water from kettle at start is still just under quarter full. I reckon with a full battery and a full bowl of water I could do a super slow 24hr easy enough. Briquettes were part used from last smoke on wsm I left a arc free of briquettes at vent with SF. All other vents closed including top. I would open top if medium wsm temps and open another bottom vent a bit if high wsm temp

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Skagg2000 said:

Glad to hear its all come good. I think the single wall of bullet smokers create the temperature variable so +/- 5 def or so of the target temp is good going. 

Cheers n Gone Nick 

Yes, by the end it was within 1 degree of target, really settled down