Kamado help/opinions

Greg6721

Hi guys

Long time reader first time poster! I have a wee quandary I'm wondering what's everyone's opinion would be

I bought a 13inch kamado  from Amazon. The inside terracotta pot has arrived smashed. Amazon have offered me to return it or a 25 discount.

I can't see a replacement part but wondered if using a terracotta pot or saucer to hold the charcoal would work?

What would you guys do?

Hi Greg....

Welcome...I would send it back and ask for a full refund.....if the model your on about is one of these....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=13inch+kamado&ref=nb_sb_noss

For a start mate they are way over priced...most of us got our 13" Kamado from Aldi or Lidl.  I payed I think about £70 if that...there are other places selling the same model at a lower price mid £100's

Ice.

It's in pieces....but fire cement I'm game for bud! It's in 100 pieces though....I haven't had a proper look for replacement parts. I wondered if a metal basket or as I mentioned I could cut/drill holes in a terracotta pot.... Then again might be worth stumping up the extra money and just buying a new/full one

I appreciate your thoughts/opinion btw!

I have been wanting a kamado for years, Finally thought my luck was in with this one

IMG_20200930_082404.jpg

Ok.....wow...what about as there seems to be the basic bowl could you use an old way of doing it by drilling each piece and wiring them together??? then cement any hole up??

If you use a terracotta pot it as to be fire proof to stand up to the heat....I've tried flower pots for cooking and the bog standard ones just crack.

I'll take a look around and see what we can find....you never know what's out there. 😉

Ice.

Found this...but it's for a 15" grill is that the overall inchs??? they do say..

.Please email us your grill's internal measurements for the best advice. Any items that do not suit your requirements can be returned for refund.

I know it's another £45....and if a terracotta pot works then it would be a big saving???

Ice.

14 minutes ago, Icefever said:

Found this...but it's for a 15" grill is that the overall inchs??? they do say..

.Please email us your grill's internal measurements for the best advice. Any items that do not suit your requirements can be returned for refund.

I know it's another £45....and if a terracotta pot works then it would be a big saving???

Ice.

Yes sir! I'm looking now and if I'm willing to wait I think I'll get something too.

By the looks of it a charcoal basket(metal) would work too....I'm I'm the hunt now sir!😂

• Haha 1