It is BBQ long weekend

Justin

Tonight burgers made by the good wife with a tomato skillet sauce.

Saturday Thailand sate sticks. I have a recipe i have Tried from the BBQ bible by Steve Rauchen and it is the real deal Indonesian sate sticks, a real crown please but making for 2 this time with a  thai peanut sauce I make.

Sunday beer can Chicken

Monday Left over chicken carcass and wings etc for soup. Stuff in the instant pot and it makes a super stock for making tasty chicken soup, it is amazing.

I will post recipes in the relevant threads.

What are you all making?

Edited by Justin
  • Like 1

Sounds great @Justin, im curious about the thailand sate sticks😁

Some pics of your chicken soup...im assuming your making stock with the leftover chicken? Something I need to try out!

@Colin39 you have reminded me I need to do a chilli corn carne (chilli topped with cornbread) soon😋 

Im making homemade Italian style pizza in the kamado on Saturday night, so that should be good. Possibly do some ribs on Sunday aswell😎

• Like 2

Yes the stock gets made in the instant pot then the soup in a pan. Adding back in the chicken meat from the left over legs and vegetables. .

I will post picture and recipe for the sate sticks on a thread under chicken. the BBQ Biblebook by Steve Raichlen has world recipes from his global travels including any number of far eastern chicken sates. It has over 500 recipes in all, brilliant book

Pizza and then ribs, yum yum

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Justin said:

Yes the stock gets made in the instant pot then the soup in a pan. Adding back in the chicken meat from the left over legs and vegetables. .

I will post picture and recipe for the sate sticks on a thread under chicken. the BBQ Biblebook by Steve Raichlen has world recipes from his global travels including any number of far eastern chicken sates. It has over 500 recipes in all, brilliant book

Pizza and then ribs, yum yum

I recently aquired the sauces book from steve Raichlen and tried a couple...fantastic flavours for homemade sauces and marinades etc. I do enjoy making them rather than store bought👍😁

• Like 1