Another New Guy

zanderb

Hi everyone,

I just joined the forum the other day, so just saying hello and telling u a little bit about my limited grilling/smoking experience to date.

I live just outside Peterhead in Scotland.Ā 

Been retired for more than 4 years now and lovingĀ it. šŸ˜

Ive regularlyĀ been grilling on a gas grill (4 burner Billy Oh) for around 8 years, before that it was occasionally charcoal grilling on a built in grill. In last year Iā€™ve been smoking on my gas grill with a smoke tube and water bath, but struggled badly with temperature control.

Iā€™d been on the hunt for a smoker since spring this year, researched quite a bit and finally decided to go for a Ā Kamado. I struggled to justify the big bucks for a KJ and was a little worried about buying some of the knock offs. A couple of months ago, I bit the bullet and bought a 22ā€ Masterbuilt Kamado.Ā 

Iā€™m now smoking at least once a week and have even built shed extension to allow me to carry on into the cooler weather. Still learning and every cook I do I realise that Iā€™ve a lot to learn yet.Ā 

Looking forward to reading about all your cooks and sharing mine.

cheers

Zanderb

• Like 1