Rib of beef with coffee rub.

tedmus

Looks great, did you make the Chimichurri yourself from scratch? Bought a dried version that you added red wine vinegar to the other week. Was very flavoursome, but a little salty for my taste. Looking for a decent pre-made or homemade recipe as it really livens a good piece of beef up.

18 minutes ago, sotv said:

Looks great, did you make the Chimichurri yourself from scratch? Bought a dried version that you added red wine vinegar to the other week. Was very flavoursome, but a little salty for my taste. Looking for a decent pre-made or homemade recipe as it really livens a good piece of beef up.

I did yes, and the rub. For the chimichurri I didn't follow a recipe as there are so many variations on it, all chopped by hand though and not done in a whizzer, prefer the texture that way. This was quite a bit of parsley, some dried and a bit of fresh oregano, 1 long red chilli, 3 cloves of garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, a squeeze of lemon juice and some salt and pepper. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smash said:

How does the coffee rub taste with the meat? Looks beautiful 

It's quite a nice rub, no sugar in it so not sweet and has a nice bitter back note with savoury flavours, you can't really taste the coffee in it. Slight kick with the chilli but no overly so. I'll definitely be doing this again.

Recipe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, tedmus said:

It's quite a nice rub, no sugar in it so not sweet and has a nice bitter back note with savoury flavours, you can't really taste the coffee in it. Slight kick with the chilli but no overly so. I'll definitely be doing this again.

Recipe

Thank you I will save it, I don’t really get a lot of time to smoke or grill lately but when I do I will be sure to try it.

The thai chicken sate from book with thai peanut sauce served in lettuce leaves was great. Very tasty and easy to make. I used a foil shield too to protect the bamboo sticks. Sorry no photo as was in field no phone no camera loving the moment. At least I am getting some tailgate time in even if mine is the only bbq there so far. #dogwalkers bbq.

• Like 1