WoodHomeSmoke 20

Ribs were rubbed in A&O Thai rub and sauce was A&O Baby Penang. Smoked for 3 hours, wrapped for 1.5 and then glazed for 30 minutes. About 240 - 250f with pear wood chunks.

Noodle, beansprout, carrot and spring onion salad with mint, coriander, chilli and a soy, chilli and ginger dressing.

Ribs were banging.

IMG_20200802_191412.jpg

IMG_20200802_201345.jpg

IMG_20200802_202513.jpg

IMG_20200802_203221.jpg

IMG_20200802_203747 (1).jpg

IMG_20200802_203755.jpg

Untitled.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Justin said:

Nice bbqing. Looks rasty

Personally I recommend making own rubs and sauces. It is easy and there is no shelf life.

I do that too 👍

Had this combination on ribs before and it works great.

Dressing was a random pick up a few weeks ago so put it to good use.

• Like 1

Respect to all those who joined in over the weekend and ideas for going forward, will shamelessly borrow Duchy’s paella as Management also has a shellfish allergy....

Apologies for the non appearance of pork belly on Sunday, no arrested but helping family out, could of done with Ice’s C4 to speed up the solution, would of been finished in daylight.

15 hours ago, AdamG said:

Im not surprised you was too busy eating with food like that👍😁🤤

Thanks, it was delicious. Did the cookie for the grandkids, but it was soft gooey and tasty and the adults helped polish it off.

The Taco Al pastor really surprised me, Tasting the marinade on its own  I thought it would be too hot & spicy for me and although it had a kick, was a bit mystified how the red onion. lime, pineapple and coriander calmed the marinated meat down. I don't normalyl do spicy but having had this and Carnitas now on the grill, will definitely try out some more Mexican dishes in the future.

• Like 1

All users please note, will shamelessly borrow/modify/use as inspiration any dish/creation on this forum without further acknowledgement of whom provided the “perspiration” as credited Duchy and not Justin who claims it was stolen from him re seafood less paella that appeals to Management or myself🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

LOL, it was at the Friday night of tailgate (northern?) last year when I slaved away making paella for everyone, I have witnesses.. Actually it was not all that taxing as prepped all the ingredients at home. I figured it would be nice for people to arrive and see paella cooking. It went down well. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Justin said:

LOL, it was at the Friday night of tailgate (northern?) last year when I slaved away making paella for everyone, I have witnesses.. Actually it was not all that taxing as prepped all the ingredients at home. I figured it would be nice for people to arrive and see paella cooking. It went down well. 

:th_nopicsye3: !  I will unashamedly steal anyone’s recipe change one thing and call it a Dutchy Original!

Once again, thanks for all those who joined in with WoodHomeSmoke, will have to do this again sometime!

As promised will have to get some stickers printed, for all those who participated!

3D9CD68A-1019-4C9E-8760-7A974FCDC88D.thumb.png.7ede25f03f4d11731b0918158438e765.png
So all those who took part are,

Tedmus

Sluggy

Gizzard

Justin

Smokin Monkey

U can do that again

Icefever

AdamG

Colin39

Sotv

Simon

If I have missed anyone let me know!

• Like 5

On 8/1/2020 at 4:05 PM, Gizzard said:

Ahh I see what you mean now. That's extra sauce once plated up.

I didn't take an upwrapped pic. Will do one once the son arrives.... 👍

Glazed rib pic I forgot to send.... They look great so I just slap some extra spicy sauce in to eat... Girls only like A+O pitboss

i20200801_140646.thumb.jpg.41bce94bbae2b5207d77a2436b86349b.jpg

• 6 months later...