WoodHomeSmoke 20

27 minutes ago, Justin said:

Love massaman beef, bravo, i need to get a joy stove

@Justin it’s not a Joy Stove, it’s a Lotus Grill rip off

80B9AF77-8A41-4021-98DB-5F7B7BE980BD.thumb.jpeg.6fa72c52d9f292860d28cee8fca428f1.jpeg

I use the rings off the Joy Stove.

They are really economical on Charcoal and you can vary the heat output by the little controller on the front. It operates a little fan than pushes air up through the Charcoal 

• Like 2

My small contribution.

66B8CAB8-5D48-4BE3-8135-27A77E22609A.thumb.jpeg.6e7ece1fa3f9c7e62924b70bef537d89.jpeg

2.5kg rolled pork shoulder rubbed up with a sweetish spg.

Went on at 06:30, hoping for around 12 hours.

Skin removed and is currently in a frying pan for my breakfast.

F6D0E0FD-A0ED-4673-B154-9669231C0871.thumb.jpeg.25d16afc33064b599a30436469da93f4.jpeg

Gotta make up some Queso later, wife seems to be addicted... even though it’s still pronounced kweeso 🙄

Never seen a joy stove before.. very interesting 🤔 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, tedmus said:

Carne Asada, steak marinaded for 24 hours, made a guacamole, tortillas and salsa bought in. Over cooked the steak (flank) but was so tasty and really fresh.

HNmpxoM.jpg

ppb35UG.jpg

54443MY.jpg

fVtOPxB.jpg

nxyjU03.jpg

wuB40kT.jpg

Looks good. Tricky to get bang on as the flank contiunes to cook when taken off the heat. 

• Like 1

Not feeling the pressure of cooking for veggies at all later today at a neutral venue now😧wii have to 🤐🤐🤐🤐lots as little ears and elderly (90 oldMum) who’s a bit deaf until swearing or cursing slips out.

crackling for breakfast, jealous but thinking of the possible dentist visit , have broken it up before and used as a garnish/textural addition in pulled pork tortillas

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Justin said:

Looks good. Tricky to get bang on as the flank contiunes to cook when taken off the heat. 

Never tried, so will allow take off earlier when cooking next week, thanks for the tip

Tedmus, what do you use to press your tortillas? So far tried rolling them, a le crust as a press with erratic results, if you have a press may have to get one but ...........

8 hours ago, tedmus said:

Carne Asada, steak marinaded for 24 hours, made a guacamole, tortillas and salsa bought in. Over cooked the steak (flank) but was so tasty and really fresh.

HNmpxoM.jpg

ppb35UG.jpg

54443MY.jpg

fVtOPxB.jpg

nxyjU03.jpg

wuB40kT.jpg

looks delicious! 

what did you use to make the guacamole?😋

1 hour ago, U can do that again said:

Never tried, so will allow take off earlier when cooking next week, thanks for the tip

Tedmus, what do you use to press your tortillas? So far tried rolling them, a le crust as a press with erratic results, if you have a press may have to get one but ...........

The tricky bit is also have to get enough heat into it.

Edited by Justin

1 hour ago, Justin said:

A large quantity of Duppy Share didn't help 🙃

1 hour ago, U can do that again said:

Tedmus, what do you use to press your tortillas?

Shop bought mate.

1 hour ago, AdamG said:

what did you use to make the guacamole?

Ended up being a chunky one as they had no ripe avocados left in the supermarket. Avocado, fine diced red onion, fine diced green chilli, chopped coriander, lime juice, toasted cumin seeds which I ground to powder, salt and pepper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Meanwhile....

Getting a head start on tomorrow.

Would normally be Race day wings but seeing as it’s a special event..

AF58FFA0-A0F8-4897-BF5F-C18FAA121E09.thumb.jpeg.353a234d888d797d45d6f26181b93cca.jpeg

Race day ribs !!

D7AFE29B-4F88-426C-94C0-6F59B86FEF86.thumb.jpeg.7c9d4ecfb130917e131e13a550f33c8b.jpeg

Rubbed up whilst still frozen so they can draw it in while defrosting.

I’ll remove the silver skin when defrosted and give them another rub in the morning.

• Like 2