2018 National Smokers and BBQ Weekend. Billing Aquadrome. 20-22 July

Wade

Too big and it gets too impersonal. We discourage competition too so that nobody feels that their food is not good enough. We have been approached by distributors and sponsors wanting to attend but have declined them as we do not want it to become commercially driven. Advertising has been very low key however we may do some national advertising for next year - but we want to keep organisation costs to a minimum so that we no not have to charge an attendance fee.

Please will some brings some big King Edward potatoes?  For hasselback potatoes with garlic butter and Parmesan. 10 should be enough to share out   a little of each out. I will bring the other ingredients. 

Edited by Justin
typos

Ok I have decided to have bone out of shoulder so I can cut it in half and put on both racks.  Prefer with bone but space....blade end so upper shoulder, 3.5 to 4kg, picking up tomorrow, have checked. Thanks for the advice 

Edited by Justin
typos

Ok..no Hickory which I thought I'd got ...but I do have Oak chips...one Jim Bean t'other one J D.. ?   will bring both if ant good??

We can bring jacket spuds but the chance of them being King E  is most unlikely,  in fact, it's probably not a snowball chance in hell.  9_9  :D

2 hours ago, Justin said:

And if anyone has oak wood or hickory woods chips please may I steal a few to smoke some artichokes and peppers, I only have chunks

I will bring along some Hickory pellets - I may be able to find one or two... ?

Almost all of my commercial smoking is done with Hickory so I have plenty...

For those that didn't make it to Woodsmoke18 you missed an amazing experience.

We're now on our first cuppa of the day,  getting ready to break camp....full writeup with plenty of evidence  oopps,  mean photo's ?  later when we get back home.

Ice.

Edited by Icefever
  • Like 2

Fully agree. Best time I have for a while. So glad to meet so many like m8nded and inspiring people. It was real pleasure to cook with you guys and gals. Delicious food. Comfortable relaxing. Refreshing..  Roll on northern tailgate.   Really hope to see more new people there for a good time....i rediscovered cider too. Thank you!

• Like 2

We're now home,  car unpacked,  full tummy  and a drop of the hard stuff in hand....here goes, with what happened at Woodsmoke 18... (I thought that was right Steve ???) ?

First off a really big thank you to everyone there,  it was great making new freinds as being a newbie at any get together  can be a little daunting. 

We arrived about 15.30 on Friday,  we stopped at the reception and eventually go showed to where we had to setup. Within  minutes Steve & Jill turned up,  followed by Justin, very soon we had Steve & Paul staying in a pod.  Scott was not far behind,  then I lost track of time as we went mad erecting tents,  gazebos getting everything ready for the big day.....by now Mr & Mrs Wade along with everyone else had arrived.

No rain for Friday,  or so the weather app said.....don't TRUST them....it pi***d down,  (video to follow   ?)  just as we  we're all getting comfortable chatting and partaking of the falling down water.  Well not one drop of rain was going to spoil our weekend, we may have got a smidgen damp,  but hey as the old adage says " we where as happy as pigs in muck'   ?

Saturday dawned dry and hot,   after a great breakfast prepared by Justin & Ice Ice Lady we all set about prepping  meats/ingredients and starting smokers. . ...more to come.

Ice.

DSC_0673.JPG

DSC_0671.JPG

DSC_0683.JPG

DSC_0691.JPG

DSC_0684.JPG

DSC_0699.JPG

DSC_0707.JPG

DSC_0711.JPG

DSC_0715.JPG

DSC_0709.JPG

DSC_0727.JPG

DSC_0728.JPG

DSC_0731.JPG

DSC_0735.JPG

DSC_0736.JPG

DSC_0747.JPG

DSC_0750.JPG

DSC_0756.JPG

DSC_0759.JPG

DSC_0769.JPG

DSC_0772.JPG

DSC_0775.JPG

DSC_0784.JPG

DSC_0785.JPG

DSC_0782.JPG

DSC_0787.JPG

DSC_0789.JPG

DSC_0790.JPG

DSC_0794.JPG

DSC_0795.JPG

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Icefever said:

We're now home,  car unpacked,  full tummy  and a drop of the hard stuff in hand....here goes, with what happened at Woodsmoke 18... (I thought that was right Steve ???) ?

First off a really big thank you to everyone there,  it was great making new freinds as being a newbie at any get together  can be a little daunting. 

We arrived about 15.30 on Friday,  we stopped at the reception and eventually go showed to where we had to setup. Within  minutes Steve & Jill turned up,  followed by Justin, very soon we had Steve & Paul staying in a pod.  Scott was not far behind,  then I lost track of time as we went mad erecting tents,  gazebos getting everything ready for the big day.....by now Mr & Mrs Wade along with everyone else had arrived.

No rain for Friday,  or so the weather app said.....don't TRUST them....it pi***d down,  (video to follow   ?)  just as we  we're all getting comfortable chatting and partaking of the falling down water.  Well not one drop of rain was going to spoil our weekend, we may have got a smidgen damp,  but hey as the old adage says " we where as happy as pigs in muck'   ?

Saturday dawned dry and hot,   after a great breakfast prepared by Justin & Ice Ice Lady we all set about prepping  meats/ingredients and starting smokers. . ...more to come.

...DSC_0795.JPG

A big welcome I hope to the Filipino lady in background of last photo. I had a good chat with her and he partner, hopefully she will join the forum and introduce herself and her Filipino cooking skills.

Nice photos Ice.

Edited by Wade
Edited to remove duplicated photos
  • Like 2

• Wade unpinned and unfeatured this topic