Brisket

Mick

15 hours ago, sotv said:

Looks great, not sure what you weathers been like today, but chucking it down here with a strong wind. Certainly wouldn't have attempted it on my Proq, today here. So kudos to you and your UDS

p.s. What temp did you cook it at?

Started low about 230f for 2 hours then upped to about 300f but just messed about with temps so it would be finished when I wanted

20 hours ago, Mick said:

Started low about 230f for 2 hours then upped to about 300f but just messed about with temps so it would be finished when I wanted

As I say planning to cook my first full one around Easter time, I keep reading 12-15 hours at a steady 225F. Hoping to keep that temp, but sounds like it may cook quicker based on your timings. I know I can wrap it for up to 4 hours in a cool box before serving. Getting a bit nervous about timings if it cooks quicker than I first imagined.

42 minutes ago, Icefever said:

I still do when getting ready & while cooking....but being nervous maybe keeps us on our toes??

Ice.

That’s so true. The amount of times I walk out to the cook and check the temperature even though it’s on my phone. When I first started longer cooks I had to stop myself from opening to check. 

1 hour ago, sotv said:

As I say planning to cook my first full one around Easter time, I keep reading 12-15 hours at a steady 225F. Hoping to keep that temp, but sounds like it may cook quicker based on your timings. I know I can wrap it for up to 4 hours in a cool box before serving. Getting a bit nervous about timings if it cooks quicker than I first imagined.

Many things will affect the timing, I separated the point and flat, this speeds it up. wrapping, when and what with will affect time. Size and thickness of brisket and then temp of smoker so lots we can do to get it done on time. Then as you say can rest in a cool box wrapped in foil and towels

• Like 1