WoodSmoke 20. National Smokers & BBQ Weekend 31st July - 2nd August 2020

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Was there ever a time when you two got on, do you think some sort of marriage guidance would help

Where one says do this don't do that and the other walks out the door and goes to the pub

WoodSmoke 20, National Smokers & BBQ Weekend will be held over the Weekend, 31st July to 2nd August 2020. The Venue will be: National Water Sports Centre Adbolton Lane Holme Pierrepont

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Update on bookings for WoodSmoke 20

Up date on folks booked in for WoodSmoke 20

ALL CAMPING PITCHES FOR THE 1st STAGE HAVE NOW GONE!

Already booked with me, 

@Smokin Monkey

Cooking Pitch

@Icefever

@Justin

@Mick

@Raptor72  & @Quartermaster

@James Wales

Glynn

Onto Pods, 

All ready confirmed,

@valve90210 

@Steve j

@Thenegativeone

Howard D’Silva

Thats 1 remaining Pod @ £33.00 for 2 nights!

Rooms booked direct with the venue,

@Wade

@Walksha1

@Phlashster

@sotv 

Steve & Margerate

Possibles,
Lee

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Smoking can be done in either a smoker or in a grill Conecuh Sausage Co Inc - 200 ... Aug 31, 2017 · The poaching method firms the surface layer of meat and ... I've never done it before, so some questions 5 Feb 2020 Smoked Sausage Chili ..visit here,, link removed.

Edited by Smokin Monkey
Admin edit to remove external links
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OK folks, you would of seen on the news yesterday (23rd June) that as of 4th July campsites will be allowed to open, IF they operate Social Distancing Guide Lines?

We are booked on Camping pItches next to each other, this is OK, Social Distancing!

But, how the hell do we Cook together and Eat together? Also I think sharing food is not allowed at the moment (not sure, so please don’t shoot me).

Still no large number of people allowed to gather.

I have emailed my contact for the site this morning, and got an auto reply stating “Out Of Office Until Further Notice” I did give me a second contact email, and that came back with virtually the same statement. So don’t know if the site is open/opening? Just one think to point out, the site is owned and run by Nottinghamshire County Council, so they will be VERY Strict on the Guidelines. 

So the BIG Question is, how do people feel who have booked to attend? Will you be happy to mingle? Happy to share food? Stay on your own Pitch? Eat your own Food?

Is it a case of wait and see? Cancel and either book something later (Mid August) or wait and attend the Northern Tailgate mid September, when hopefully things are near Normal!

All thoughts and ideas welcome at this stage.

Steve

I have just copied and pasted this from the Caravan & Camping Club website.

• Contactless check in – this will be facilitated by Auto Balance Collect. The balance of any money due for a camper's stay will be taken automatically from the account on the morning of arrival. Vehicle registration details will be taken when a booking is made. When campers arrive on site, they can remain inside their vehicle and a member of the Club's campsite staff will welcome them and show them to their allocated pitch
  • Sensible social distancing – the Club's pitches have six-metre spacing and the number of people on a site with facility blocks will be reduced to help manage demand
  • There will be signs and floor markings as a reminder to keep two metres from other people
  • Where facility blocks are open there will be guidance on how many people the block can accommodate at one time. Campers will also be able to pitch their own toilet tent on their allocated pitch
  • On campsites where facility blocks are open, the Club is asking that, if people are able to use their own facilities in their motorhome, campervan or caravan, they do so as much as possible
  • Only individual bookings are allowed and large groups will be prevented from assembling
  • Campers will not be able to have any day visitors to their pitches
  • Washing-up areas will remain open, but communal areas such as receptions, shops, laundries and play areas will remain closed. Campers need to ensure they bring all their essentials with them, including gas
  • Service points will be open and campers must follow hand-washing guidance, plus campers are being asked to bring their own supplies of soap and hand sanitiser

Its the two lines I have underlined that could be the problem.

I don't know....it's such a balls up on most things.  The first line you've underlined will stop a tailgate dead in it's tracks, this is from the C&C club, what about a site that is not with them???

Why can we not share food??? it'll be cooked so no chance of c19??  if everyone uses gloves, puts their dishes on a table then you use your own forks from dish to plate??  as long as we sit 1 metre apart we will still be able to talk and enjoy??

What about the site we had planned for the Midland??? will it be easier to arrange??...  will you loose money on the Notts site Smokin?

Ice.

• Like 1