Anglia and Southeast Tailgate

Justin

I’m a no for this guys even if it goes ahead. Being self employed, and no care package given to me by the government, I’m on 0 a day for the foreseeable future. There’s a lot of other people out there in the same if not worse position.

But here’s hoping this will only last until the end of April so we get some sort of summer. 

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Icefever said:

I can't see the Midland running....if we come out of lockdown in 3 weeks it will still be unwise to mix in groups, you only have to read what's happening in Spain & Italy with a 2nd wave of C19..... Better to stay safe. 👍.

Ice.

Yep, wait see I think is best advice but likely. Shame with all the work @Icefever and @sotv put into it but there will be another time

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse my ignorance, can someone give me some more details of what this event would have been, if it was not cancelled due to the virus?

Do you cook and serve to others?

Is what you cook for you and your family?

Can you attend and camp then buy food on site, while gaining knowledge?

It's a real Shame the event was cancelled due to this situation we are all in, but it looks like something I would be really interested in next year👍

Edited by Foggy01.1983

7 minutes ago, Foggy01.1983 said:

Excuse my ignorance, can someone give me some more details of what this event would have been, if it was not cancelled due to the virus?

Do you cook and serve to others?

Is what you cook for you and your family?

Can you attend and camp then buy food on site, while gaining knowledge?

It's a real Shame the event was cancelled due to this situation we are all in, but it looks like something I would be really interested in next year👍

Hi Steve, these events are a free and easy weekend.

Most people camp, usually we set all equipment up together, and cook along, chatting etc.

We normally serve all the food up on long tables for everyone to eat together.

If you do not feel like cooking you would be welcome to Buddy up with someone to cook with.

They are really great fun weekends for all the family.

• Like 1

That sounds like great fun and extremely tasty!

I certainly would be up for this next year! My wife makes an amazing American coleslaw and i enjoy cooking either beef short ribs low and slow with mesquite smoke or pulled pork.

Fingers crossed for next year 😊

I would love to see what others have, setup wise, rub wise etc etc.

The land I shoot on is not far away in Hartest, so it's very local for us.

Do they have any restrictions on tent size as we have a 6m in diameter bell tent and some sites restrict the pitch size.

Damn you coronavirus!!!!

• Like 3

The campsite is relaxed. Next year hopefully. Midland looks unlikely. National unlikely. Northern tailgate who knows. Virus winning in all fronts. Even job taking a 20% pay cut. All pretty crap.

6m bell tent nice. Lee and Spencer  had one of those last year to share.  I will rearrange the event for next year. It and than the other tailgates are really relaxing. I love them

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Justin said:

The campsite is relaxed. Next year hopefully. Midland looks unlikely. National unlikely. Northern tailgate who knows. Virus winning in all fronts. Even job taking a 20% pay cut. All pretty crap.

6m bell tent nice. Lee and Spencer  had one of those last year to share.  I will rearrange the event for next year. It and than the other tailgates are really relaxing. I love them

I think things will be very different, even after we come out of lockdown. The effects on everyone whether it is mentally, monetary, education at schools or people's jobs will be massive.

We would certainly be up for next year, fingers crossed everything is sorted by then.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Foggy01.1983 said:

I think things will be very different, even after we come out of lockdown. The effects on everyone whether it is mentally, monetary, education at schools or people's jobs will be massive.

You & I are the same on this C19...I think it will be a long long long time before we get back to anything like it was before. Nobody knows the full extent of the damage from this virus,  as you said,  on everyone, no job, no money, what are folks going to do??...and I don't think we'll ever know the full info on where it came from??  market? labs?....the fake news going around at the moment some of it is ridiculous.  2020 will be a year a lot of folks will remember and want to forget.

Ice.

they are trying to avoid redundancies and ask everyone to do this instead, I think morally it is right but it does not make it any easier. It is lot of money. I could get  smoke fire every moth and give then out as gifts with the money that is gone, or finance a nice big motor home

Edited by Justin

Yeah hopefully next year will be a lot different. I’m now on universal credit interim 

As managed to coincide divorce with coronavirus!😂

Still once I’ve sorted it with the narcissistic person . I’m going to look into how I can get into food and buy a food truck thing later on