Charcoal storage

Rob

I keep my opened bags in a keter bench. Keeps it dry throughout the year in all weathers. Only thing I have to watch, if water has settled on the seat part and not dried off yet. When you lift it it can drain inside the gap between seat and box then. 

If you buy a slanted box with a lid, shouldn't be a problem though

I had a couple bags in my shed last year that must've gotten damp so had a little mould on them and I was looking at storage. I don't really want a big plastic box in my garden/shed so I had considered these Plastic Storage bins from Ikea as they are stack able and also Pet food storage with seal as it should help keep out any moisture and Kingsford Caddy as this is exactly what it's designed for but is pricey to get over here. 

Living around Glasgow area I do get a fair share of rain. At least twice a day🌧️.

19 minutes ago, hoogl said:

No problem. Let us know what you go with it might help influence my decision. 

4 hours ago, sotv said:

I keep my opened bags in a keter bench. Keeps it dry throughout the year in all weathers. Only thing I have to watch, if water has settled on the seat part and not dried off yet. When you lift it it can drain inside the gap between seat and box then. 

If you buy a slanted box with a lid, shouldn't be a problem though

I live in a rented property on a farm on top of what can be a windy hill with driving rain and no chance of erecting a shed/shack.

I picked these 2 up for £19 each and sat them in the rain for 2weeks. Stayed bone dry inside. I may run some flash banding along the top back edge and over just to stop any inadvertent run off when I open it. 

Inevitably any outside storage without a heat source outside will draw some damp but that little wont affect charcoal burn will it? Be just like being in a non heated garage...

20191012_123111.jpg

20191012_123129.jpg

• Like 1

Nice price, this is the bench I have, had it for a couple of years now, still does a job for somewhere to sit when tending the smoker up the garden and storage of covers, smoker spares and tools and open bags of charcoal etc. Does the job as I said,  I just have to be careful if any surface water when opening it. Otherwise jobs a goodun, same as your boxes should be.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sotv said:

Nice price, this is the bench I have, had it for a couple of years now, still does a job for somewhere to sit when tending the smoker up the garden and storage of covers, smoker spares and tools and open bags of charcoal etc. Does the job as I said,  I just have to be careful if any surface water when opening it. Otherwise jobs a goodun, same as your boxes should be.

Ideal double up,  I dont imagine I will be sitting on mine 🤣🤣