How many is too many?

Diggerg

5 minutes ago, Smokin Monkey said:

You are only just starting, remember when I sent you a Welcome pm saying welcome to the family and addiction?

Think I am in the region of 20 items.

I always use Steve as my response to the wife ! 

“ At least I don’t have as many as Steve !” 

• Haha 4

Think I'm on 8 (not counting a little fold away grill in a bag I've not used for a while). Was 9 but gifted one of the kettles to my daughter a couple of months ago and may be getting rid of the Jumbuck. Not sure that counts though as will be replaced with a kettle rotisserie kit xD.

20 hours ago, Smokin Monkey said:

You are only just starting, remember when I sent you a Welcome pm saying welcome to the family and addiction?

Think I am in the region of 20 items.

I showed my wife the pics you’ve put up of your stuff and she said there’s no way you’re getting that much. But slowly and surely I’m expanding the collection without her noticing🤫🤫🤫

However I don’t think even I could hide that gravity feed you made 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Icefever said:

8 bits of kit for us....the next question should be which is your favourite? and which do you use the most?  🤔

Ice.. 😎

The kettle gets the most use even if it's just too light the chimney starter 😁. Little offset and cowboy are both new. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jockaneezer said:

When I brought the mini Kamado home the other week, Val said "Oh no, not another bloody bbq !" but she soon changed her tune when presented with a few spicy chicken wings. 😆

They all say that, but when they are eating the food, the change their tune pretty quick.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2019 at 8:23 AM, Icefever said:

the next question should be which is your favourite? and which do you use the most?  🤔

We have the Pro Q Frontier, Chargriller Pro Deluxe and the La Hacienda compact kamado.

Chargriller has been used just once this year when cooking for a few folk, It is huge. We have had it for 5 or 6 years, but this could/should go to a new home. 

The Pro Q has been used quite a bit for low and slow cooking and more recently with the plancha. The Smartfire makes the low and slow a dream. 

The kamado has probably been getting the most use recently, really due to time. I haven't done a low and slow cook for over 2 months.  Its a good size for the three of us, good at hot and fast, I am sure will be great for low and slow too. I did smoke some steaks for about an hour and then reverse seared them on it too. I see no reason why it wont hold low and slow for many hours. I can see us getting a bigger one at some stage. 

Favourite...that's a tough call. 

Phil.