Rhubarb and Ginger Turbo cider.

Justin

The only reason I would keg is for beer festivals. The next one which i am brewing beer for is the anglian homebrew association festival next month at Vic inn Colchester. But some one is bringing a keg to pick up the beer for that the 8 pint growler is for bbqs and such. Bottles for everything else. But I can see the worth of kegerator with a couple of cornies for home bar. Next big project.

• Like 1

I use a little bottler stick, it is excellent way of bottling, the tube means it ills form the bottom of the bottle because you press down to start the flow, and when you take the tube out of the bottle it leave the right space at top for carbonation. simple and cheap. I can fit it to a syphon for carboy and it attached to tube out of bottom of fastfermenter and also from the bottom tap on my third fermenter. Very versatile. I think I will get another to stay permanently on tap and then it is in fixed position for bottling ie move bottle up not stick down

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Home-Brew-Online-Bottling-Bottler/dp/B01MEGKYS2/ref=pd_day0_hl_201_3/261-8187409-9932752?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01MEGKYS2&pd_rd_r=a3a8d6a6-6176-4f62-af90-8579e4580ff3&pd_rd_w=SQgyC&pd_rd_wg=XP2fi&pf_rd_p=92d624bb-a334-423e-8722-8024dd09667f&pf_rd_r=6JAPSNZMPDVAVR3F13G5&psc=1&refRID=6JAPSNZMPDVAVR3F13G5

3 hours ago, Icefever said:

Mick, take it slow mate, I've seen guys rush  into all sorts of new kit.....in the early years I've bought stuff that I never used. I've still got a lot of kit, had the kegerator, at one time I ran up to 9 cornie kegs.  Sold some, think I still have 3 or 4 left.....but I must admit trying to drink a cornie at a party or car event was a bit tricky.

This time if I decide to start again I'll be looking at building a "Blichmann beer gun"....then it'll be....brew then bottle,  I think, for me it'll be easier than all the fiddling with kegs and C02.  I can then take a few bottles to family & friends and then bring them back,  nice & easy.

Ice.

Thanks, yes first brews will be bottles and go from there, have also seen on YouTube that the mini/party kegs like the old party 7 can be re used

Just had a quick look and on the base malt like Maris Otter...https://www.brewersselect.co.uk/1823-maris-otter-finest-ale-malt/ 

https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk/product/crisp-extra-pale-maris-otter/

They cost £22.55....Malt miller is now is £42.  no P&P on this at the mo....but it looks like I'll be ordering from Brews select...got to dig further.😎

Ice