Ribs question

sub333

Hello,

Am keen to cook some pork ribs next weekend.

I've never done them before on the smoker – would you recommend starting with St Louis/spare ribs, or baby back?

I'm inclined to go with spare ribs as they're bigger/meatier. Any advice much appreciated!

You won’t go wrong with either.

I usually go with 3-2-1 fo St Louis  3hrs smoked at 225f spritzed with apple juice every 45 mins then 2 hrs wrapped  then finally last 45 - 60 mins naked  but mopped with bbq sauce towards the end.

It is worth buying good quality ribs and avoid the supermarket if possible. I have moved from Morrison’s to Costco but have recently got ribs from Bob’s Family Butchers. wow definitely worth the effort and little extra cost.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Ugly Drum Dave said:

You won’t go wrong with either.

I usually go with 3-2-1 fo St Louis  3hrs smoked at 225f spritzed with apple juice every 45 mins then 2 hrs wrapped  then finally last 45 - 60 mins naked  but mopped with bbq sauce towards the end.

It is worth buying good quality ribs and avoid the supermarket if possible. I have moved from Morrison’s to Costco but have recently got ribs from Bob’s Family Butchers. wow definitely worth the effort and little extra cost.

Thanks very much! Yes, am going to order some ribs online (and probably a pork butt while I'm at it). 

Ordered from gridironmeat a big piece of gammon and osso bucco, last weekend. Really pleased with the quality of the meat and prepared to how I asked over the the phone, first.

They're currently offering 4kg of ribs for £20 which is pretty good value for unfrozen ribs.Free delivery over £45 and they gave me a 10% code to use with my order. Delivery on Thursdays and Fridays.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sotv said:

Ordered from gridironmeat a big piece of gammon and osso bucco, last weekend. Really pleased with the quality of the meat and prepared to how I asked over the the phone, first.

They're currently offering 4kg of ribs for £20 which is pretty good value for unfrozen ribs.Free delivery over £45 and they gave me a 10% code to use with my order. Delivery on Thursdays and Fridays.

Just had a look at their site, looks really good. Will give them a try – could you share the code with me?

10 hours ago, sotv said:

I’ve been using Gridironmeat and taste tradition for a long time now and although some of the products are quite expensive I would recommend their products and service. I’ve got my eyes on a Goosnargh chicken or two at the moment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, David said:

I’ve been using Gridironmeat and taste tradition for a long time now and although some of the products are quite expensive I would recommend their products and service. I’ve got my eyes on a Goosnargh chicken or two at the moment.

Hadn't heard of them till I got the email the other day, but did some googling and they seem to be well regarded for flavour

1 hour ago, Ugly Drum Dave said:

Gridiron looks like a great online option. 

If you don’t want to bulk buy and want some where local http://www.bobsfamilybutchers.co.uk/ is a great option for you as it is 20mins from Berko. They supply a lot of the BBQ comp teams so quality is great.

Ha, just seen their location - Hilltop in Hatfield. I was a student there and we were warned NEVER to go into The Harrier pub. I'd get chills heading back there! 😄