Woodsmoke 19 Demos and raffle

Wade

If it going ahead then I will need an address for someone to send the donation to, which will mean that I will probably have to order tonight or tomorrow latest. I have been looking and the ink bird seems to be cheaper than the iGrill so could possibly donate two. Which inkbird  model would be the most desirable?

My amazon account is showing 25% discount on inkbird products including this wifi one.It is ace and very versatile because it has cooling and heating circuits you can plug in and operate form an app on you phone. I use on to control my fermenter fridge

22 hours ago, Justin said:

My amazon account is showing 25% discount on inkbird products including this wifi one.It is ace and very versatile because it has cooling and heating circuits you can plug in and operate form an app on you phone. I use on to control my fermenter fridge

Fermenter fridge? I will be picking your brains on this one

It is a larder fridge I bought second hand, I drill a couple of holes in the side and feed a temp probe from the Inkbird through that and a power cable for a tube heater 40w.  Then I plug the heater and the fridge into the Inkbird and dial in temp. if it is too hot the fridge comes on and if too cold the heater come son. 

I can dial in a temp and parameters into my phone and it is the fridge temp is pretty static around that temp which means I then have a regulated temp zone for my fermenters.  I ferment my beer in there at the right temp I want, usually 20 21 degrees c all year round. Or I can dial it down to 12 for lagers, or 4 for cold crashing.  It’s all good and simple to do. I researched various boogs and utube and then built 2. It is also to extend a fridge by taking off door and using plywood , insulation  panels and with sealant to fix with fridge you get more space. It is question of how much space you have.

With two larder fridges I have fastferment and stand in one and two bucket fermenter In the other, enough to ferment over 60l in one go. I have one doing a mild at the moment and in the other I am going to put some cider on and maybe a wine of some sort

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thenegativeone said:

I’ve only just seen this thread but this seems like a great idea, if you’re still accepting prizes I’ll sort something out, not sure what yet but I’ll sort something.

The old man has an old Triumph he don't want.....honest...t1806.gif    🤣

Ice.

• Like 1

Not done hot smoked salmon i always do it cold. I have the finished product at least. If anyone has some salmon that they can cure today we can smoke it tomorrow in the demo and then taste the finished product i have?  Happy to contribute towards the cost of the salmon. Sorry  have deadlines at work this morning that are consuming my time

A gentle question. How much did we raise in the raffle? I remember some said almost enough to pay for a new gazebo. If do how much short please?

Thank you for organising it. Was a good addition to the tailgate. 

Edited by Justin