Woodsmoke 19 Demos and raffle

Wade

We have suggested this in previous years but have never quite got our act together to actually do it... Would anyone be interested in any demonstrations (watching or giving) for the Saturday. We could even open these up to others on the campsite. The ones I could suggest are:

• Home made smoked salmon
  • Home bacon curing
  • Smoking nuts
  • Preparing a fatty (sausage bomb)

I am happy to do any/all of the above but am happy is someone else is keen too

Any other suggestions/volunteers for demos?

Just remember that the Saturday can be quite hectic for people preparing their meats (I extend this to the whole week before in Justin's case 😀 ) so don't feel pressurised. If we don't feel that there is sufficient interest then we can spend more time drinking beer :beercheer:.

Also - thoughts on possibly holding a raffle for Charity? Maybe the "let us cover some of the costs of running the Forum" charity... :lurk:

Seriously, We have held a raffle before when one of our fellow Forum administrator's (from SMF) wife died of cancer. All the money we raised went to Cancer Research. We could look to do something similar for another charity this year. Again, no pressure - just a suggestion. If we were to do this then donated prizes would be greatly appreciated.

Also happy to do smoked salmon demo. I gave a side of salmon to smoke but it would need curing 24 hours before and i usually let it rest a couple of days before slicing. That said in Blue Peter style i do have a pack already done too so sampling is possible. Can do smoking nuts too.

• Like 3

I’ve got a Jumbuck 57cm BBQ still boxed, (a little battered) I will put that in.

@Mack do you do gift vouchers, would be happy to give £20.00 on a voucher.

I have a small Pork Loin we could cure for Bacon and let someone who is interested take it home.

I wonder if we could get a signed book from Marcus?

All Ideas.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, David said:

I’m happy to donate something but would have to buy on Amazon and then get it delivered  to someone’s address who is going as I can’t make it.

What do you have in mind.......a set price "voucher" then ??

Ice.

47 minutes ago, Justin said:

Good set of prizes. Who will run raffle and has tickets? How will we sell them wider into the campsite. What pricing?We need a sign advertising it so people know what is going on. 

Not to be a killjoy . But in this day and age probably advertising a raffle at something like this could infringe on something 

• Like 1

Finding a Tri-tip can be difficult in some areas so we thought let's give one as a prize in the raffle??.
It will be in the travel fridge for the hour it take us to Billing, then it'll be safe in  @Smokin Monkey    trailer fridge, until Sunday morning, who ever wins it would only have it for the journey home...so bring a cold box.. :thumb1:

Ice.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Smokin Monkey said:

And for my two penneth worth, lets raise funds to put towards the running of the Forum

100%...any monies made on the raffle should in deed go to the running of the forum.  The cost of running this forum is all down to @Wade & @Smokin Monkey so lets all help out??

That's my 2 cents for what it's worth. t2702.gif

Ice.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Justin said:

I can donate 6 bottles of homebrew bitter i have just bottled on Sat pas.

Please bear in mind they will need to be left another 3 weeks minimum before drinking and they are bottle conditioned so please pour carefully