SmartFire with a Callow (First Gen) - Setup thoughts please

Just a thought, if you are 40 miles away and it is not performing to expectation not much to be done?  Looks a nice bit of kit though rather expensive for what it is. Might go on some of my electronics forums to see what can be done. 

7 minutes ago, Justin said:

Just a thought, if you are 40 miles away and it is not performing to expectation not much to be done?  Looks a nice bit of kit though rather expensive for what it is. Might go on some of my electronics forums to see what can be done. 

You can program the pit temp remotely, so you could raise it if it is too low.

You can disable the fan completely if it was too high. You can see the temps of the food, so someone at home could go and take things off. 

You could easily make something yourself using an industry standard PID controller. That will control the fan and maintain a temp. It is more difficult to integrate the remote monitoring/adjustments piece via the internet. But there are quite a  few DIY solutions out there in use. 

Phil.

• Like 2

Inkbird wifi controller i use for home brew will do the work, just plug fan in for heat plug and it will work and it is wifi enabled  so can monitor from my phone.

then some sort of mans blower like the below connected to that or a 12v fan connect to a pwm and then power to mains plug?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adjustable-Electric-Barbecue-Combustion-Lighter/dp/B07SM747BZ/ref=sr_1_10?crid=3KL97GDG1AUB3&keywords=bbq+fan+electric+air+blower&qid=1563202772&s=gateway&sprefix=bbq+fan+%2Caps%2C169&sr=8-10

Hmmm got me thinking now

• Like 1

Cool, can easily change the temp of operation on phone as I do with the fermenting chamber, the inkbird wifi  controller is a real nice bit of kit, Challenge is 1kg blower mounting that will need some sort of support. I reckon it is just matter of blower and mounting.  I will figure it out

Edited by Justin

54 minutes ago, Justin said:

He said it is just powerbank failed