Wacko's are taking over, I want to get off. LOL

Icefever

Just ONE barbecue causes as much pollution as a 90-mile car journey, scientists reveal

This has made my day,  what a better way to start your day off,  This is the headline from a section in the news from a "Professor Sarah Bridle", who led the research.  The professor said "a 100g beefburger would be responsible for the largest part of the greenhouse gas emissions – around 60 balloons, or six miles in a car."

She goes on about using vegan sausages instead of meat.  One of the comments in reply was from a guy was quote... "you can have my BBQ when you pry it from my cold dead hands."  m0167.gif

I love it...it's so crazy....does she really think that folks are going to stop using BBQ's???  what about all over the world where folks have to cook over wood???  I'm laying a fiver on she's a tree hugger...m0140.gif

Ice

Edited by Icefever
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, rubertoe said:

TBH; i cant actually remember the last time that i cooked a burger on a BBQ; i am therefore saving the planet

Well there you go,  so if you keep cooking the burgers, that will get the rest of us off the hook???   m0139.gif  m0139.gif

Ice.

2 hours ago, Icefever said:

Well there you go,  so if you keep cooking the burgers, that will get the rest of us off the hook???   m0139.gif  m0139.gif

Ice.

I'm not cooking burgers; ergo, by the logic of the article saving the planet by not cooking them; its more Dave and his case of stella and the disposable in the park that is doing the damage....

Not the best article in the world but probably doesn’t matter to most people here. I know I use CO2 neutral briquettes and will start using more natural firelighters. Plus I also listened to a podcast where someone explained how one flight to New York would cause more harm that an entire year heating your house. 

The main argument that we are seeing now is with how harmful cows can be to the environment hence why there is this vegan trend. The way I counter that is by buying less beef but of better quality. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1