Morrisons - La Hacienda Seattle Compact Kamado

Phlashster

On 7/1/2019 at 6:09 PM, Phlashster said:

So i accidentally put one of these in my trolley just now. It slipped in when i was reaching for a packet of digestives.

Original price £175, reduced to £140, now on clearance to £90. Worth a play at that price. 

These are a Morrison's special order, so La Hacienda don't have spares. I am not too fussed. Other places have spares and accessories for this size. 

It is a 33cm grill, so a couple of inches bigger than the Lidl/Aldi mini Kamado recently sold. Nice thick bars on the grills, stainless too. 

It comes with a deflector plate, secondary grill and ash tool. Mine was undamaged and fitted together well. I am not sure that the bolts will stay done up for long so will be mindful to check often. 

Its ruddy heavy, made me put a bit of a sweat on assembling and moving it. 

No time to play tonight, I am working away as of 5am. I will update this thread once something has been cooked/cremated.  

IMG_20190701_174211.jpg

IMG_20190701_174222.jpg

IMG_20190701_174240.jpg

IMG_20190701_174252.jpg

Now that's a pretty little thing. I do like a scarlet lady 😳

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, mecarr said:

Any recommendations for my first ever smoke... hints and tips most welcome 

Something cheap cos I cocked up the first go with mine, and something fatty to get a good patina going on the inside !

I'm not a fan of chicken drumsticks (much prefer wings) but they're always a good place to start with a new bbq.

• Like 1

Macs bbq have a good recipe on there website for a first time cook on a smoker with a chicken. A large £3.99 chicken from Lidl could be your weapon of choice if your not to fussy on where the meat was sourced. Of course it's geared to a ProQ but I'm sure will translate to a Kamado style cooker

Cheers n Gone Nick

• Like 1