Peach Butchers Paper

sotv

• 2 weeks later...

Used it for the first time today, not sure if it was new rib supplier but after 2 hours being wrapped in butchers paper, they were definitely more juicy than any I have wrapped in foil before. Unfortunately the first 2.5 hours were cooked at a higher temp than I wanted, so were a bit more darker than I wanted at the wrapping stage. But overall pleased with the finished ribs.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, sotv said:

Used it for the first time today, not sure if it was new rib supplier but after 2 hours being wrapped in butchers paper, they were definitely more juicy than any I have wrapped in foil before. Unfortunately the first 2.5 hours were cooked at a higher temp than I wanted, so were a bit more darker than I wanted at the wrapping stage. But overall pleased with the finished ribs.

I used it for the first time recently too and it was awesome stuff. I used this stuff and it does a really good job of preserving the 'bark' on the outside of the meat, whilst still ensuring that it cooks faster than if it was unwrapped.

You also have the added benefit of being able to use it to start a charcoal chimney when you're done with it. :) 

• Like 2

Yep definitely noticed a difference in the quality of the meat and juices retained with the paper compared to foil (obviously that could be just my mind wanting that, considering the outlay from America for it). But I think it did, foil on occasions has pulled the bark/meat away from the bone/joint for me in the past when unwrapping this didn't. Maybe because the paper is easier to lightly wrap rather than the foil scrunching up sometimes after finished wrapping?

Good price and quantity, you got there, although not sure if that is Kraft Roll, the one I got is described the same maybe cleverly worded to give the impression of Butchers Paper rather than straight-up manufactured Butchers Paper?. I am sure there is no difference in how it is used and finished results you get from either of them, that they produce but they can be 2 different manufacturing processes, from what I have read.

https://www.possupply.com/difference-between-kraft-paper-butcher-paper

Edited by sotv
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sotv said:

Yep definitely noticed a difference in the quality of the meat and juices retained with the paper compared to foil (obviously that could be just my mind wanting that, considering the outlay from America for it). But I think it did, foil on occasions has pulled the bark/meat away from the bone/joint for me in the past when unwrapping this didn't. Maybe because the paper is easier to lightly wrap rather than the foil scrunching up sometimes after finished wrapping?

Good price and quantity, you got there, although not sure if that is Kraft Roll cleverly worded to give the impression of Butchers Paper rather than straight-up manufactured Butchers Paper?. I am sure there is no difference in how it is used and finished results you get from either of them, that they produce but they can be 2 different manufacturing processes, from what I have read.

https://www.possupply.com/difference-between-kraft-paper-butcher-paper

I just checked and I was wrong - I purchased the one that Justin mentioned above. Think I'd shortlisted the one I linked to but went with the Pro Smoke one in the end.

2 hours ago, Justin said:

Mate why did you buy it form the US, were you over there? it is easily available on amazon. I got he 18ft one from pro smoke but i notice it is out of stock at the  mo. Pretty sure it is a lot cheaper in the US?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B06Y45F4HT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When I looked at that Prosmoke one it was £15 for just 16.5ft! although my Butchers Paper had to be ordered from USA it came via Amazon USA site and sent via their Global Programme and was just as easy to order from their as here using my UK login and all duties and delivery were included in the £29 to the door price for 175ft of it, and from the reviews it seems very good. it took just over 2 weeks from ordering to get to me, but as I had lived without it for nearly 60 years, figured another 2 weeks wouldn't hurt 😀

Granted I might not need 175ft in my lifetime, but considering you get 10x as much length wise for twice the price, seemed worth the extra to me overall, compared to the Prosmoke one 

The one posted by @ExclusiveBBQ earlier seems to be of equal quality to the one I got and even cheaper though.

Edited by sotv
  • Like 2