Icefever

Woodsmoke 19 Ideas for Menu.

On 29 June 2019 at 1:54 PM, Icefever said:

Hi Paul.  whatever you want to do mate...looking forward to meeting up again with you and the old one.....m0139.gif

Ice.

Old old one how rude, we'll hav less of that. You're beginning to sound like wade 😂😂👍

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, sotv said:

Going to have a rethink about the goat shoulder and do something else. From a 2kg shoulder I would estimate I got about 500g of meat from it , some big bones and a lot of dry, chewy, not brilliant meat on it (think thin, trimmed pork ribs and the chewy strands of meat you can end up with). The good meat at the centre is delicious, especially with the cajeta sauce (a really  tasty barbecue sauce that will work with other smoked meats as well, if you like very sweet sauces, but a lot of work to make it)). But the whole shoulder, would only feed 2-3 people max, from my experience with it yesterday.

How about a lamb joint or even mutton ? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Raptor72 said:

How about a lamb joint or even mutton ? 

Thinking I might just do a bigger piece of ham than I was planning (maybe one on a bone) and do some basic scotch eggs ( if I can master peeling, soft boiled eggs) 50% success rate at peeling them at the moment without them breaking up. Got 3 weeks to think about it.

7 minutes ago, sotv said:

Thinking I might just do a bigger piece of ham than I was planning (maybe one on a bone) and do some basic scotch eggs ( if I can master peeling, soft boiled eggs) 50% success rate at peeling them at the moment without them breaking up. Got 3 weeks to think about it.

Scotch eggs always a winner!! 

45 minutes ago, Raptor72 said:

So what’s the updated list of people going ? 

Good question. Plenty i think, it is the national

I feel your pain, i was peeling one yesterday, 50% success rate. I find if i use my electric egg broiler it is easier, happy to help you on that mate

Posted (edited)

Um a real soft boiled deg you can not roll etc or shake in glass because it splits. plus if you cool itthe outer skin under the peel goes tough on a super soft egg. Gentle peel is the right way I think

I do not do time to cook eggs, I do add water  and steam until is gone.  It is a simple electric boiler, we are talking  liquid yolk and sloppy white.

Edited by Justin

I have finalised what my contributions will be over the weekend.

FRI NIBBLES - Smoked Salmon

FRI NIBBLES - Smoked Cheese

FRIDAY SUPPER - Hickory Barbecued  chicken in bbq sauce

SAT BREAKFAST- Eggs Provençale

SAT MAIN  - Maple glazed hot wings

SAT SIDE - Fennel and Gruyere

SAT DESSERT Chocolate dream

A MAYBE -  Ginger and Lime Glazed Corn on the cob

A MAYBE - Sesame sweet potatoes

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Justin said:

I have finalised what my contributions will be over the weekend.

FRI NIBBLES - Smoked Salmon

FRI NIBBLES - Smoked Cheese

FRIDAY SUPPER - Hickory Barbecued  chicken in bbq sauce

SAT BREAKFAST- Eggs Provençale

SAT MAIN  - Maple glazed hot wings

SAT SIDE - Fennel and Gruyere

SAT DESSERT Chocolate dream

A MAYBE -  Ginger and Lime Glazed Corn on the cob

A MAYBE - Sesame sweet potatoes

Sounds great @Justin

• Like 1

Im trying to finalise my menu but don't have enough BBQ space, will anyone have any spare for a large tray or two?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mick said:

will anyone have any spare for a large tray or two?

We may have some space for a while depends on time,  wife doing fish so should be ok Mick.

Ice.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Icefever said:

We may have some space for a while depends on time,  wife doing fish so should be ok Mick.

Ice.

Lovely, thanks ice, I will bring the ingredients and hopefully will be a bit of room

16 hours ago, Mick said:

Im trying to finalise my menu but don't have enough BBQ space, will anyone have any spare for a large tray or two?

I will be bringing a couple of spare smokers. There will be space for you - dependant on the size of the pan of course ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Wade said:

I will be bringing a couple of spare smokers. There will be space for you - dependant on the size of the pan of course ...

Great thanks Wade

19 hours ago, Justin said:

Ordered my meat doing a Dry Cure Gammon with a Madeira Glaze and Beef Osso Bucco, both things meant to be quite forgiving if my temperamental ProQ decides to run a bit hot on the day. 🤞 

• Like 1

I will be bringing some Christmas spiced Gammon which I will roast. It will go well with the Madera Glaze gammon :thumb1:

• Like 1

Sounds good, Wade. Out of interest what temp are you planning to cook yours at? My 4kg piece, I was hoping if I can keep my temps under 250F planning on 5-7 hours cooking time to reach internal temp of 160F and leave for 30 mins + to rest.  Does that sound about right, only done one half the size before and it was one of those supermarket mass produced wet cured ones. if so i can get a bit of a lie in perhaps, as the Osso Bucco shouldn't take much longer than 7 hours 😀