All grain brewing

Justin

On 3/31/2019 at 12:18 PM, Icefever said:

Too right...most craft brewers come up with a name for their beers, helps when you do labels.  Mine was the "Outhouse Brewery" suppose I'll have to come up with another name now we've moved???

Sorry ice it was  my lame pun attempt on us living in the Braintree district 

Edited by Raptor72

• 2 weeks later...

Sink support built out of old wood shelves.  Fridge arrived, remaining to do plumb in tap and drain and set fridge up as fermenter zone.  Will hopefully finish it off this Easter weekend if I find time but have house guests over so will see.1070292(0).thumb.jpg.1cf53443227820f65054a842df1c671b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Went to brett and may or is it may and brett in Dunmow today and spoke with owner who has been brewing for 35 years. Has some stock. Most of it discounted heavily as he has do few customers. The grain and yeast all heavily discounted and mostly out of date. Typical victim of internet. He is running down stock. I said I am setting up Grainfather and he said he used to sell those at 599 quid. I would like to support him with my custom but stock not quite there really. Might try and maybe he can get bits in for me. If you are in the area support your local shop and they might survive.

11 hours ago, Justin said:

Ice did you dust off your kit and started brewing again.

No, not yet.....still too much to do on the bungalow....it's going to take most of this year to finish.  I'm collecting one of my ferm fridges probably on Tue...I've got two 1000mm base units coming off a friend who's just had a new kitchen installed...they will go down the back wall of the garage and I may be in with a chance of making a brew very soon.

I'm picking up my Thermo pot today along with the cornies...I also have a 100 gall stainless pot that I've never used has it is too big for what I need.

I'm thinking that I will give the BIAB a go for my first brew?? I'm looking at making a list for The Malt Miller....https://www.themaltmiller.co.uk   I've had stuff before and it's all freshly milled grain.

Ice.

• Like 1

Yes Malt Miller. I wish my local shop did same but they do not. Malt Miller has a good community going on too. I am on the hombrewuk forum. Decent lads there. I am going to help our at the inaugural Anglia craft homebrew competition to meet some people. Competitors are coming from the UK and a few international entrants as well. I think i will be running the bar for the party whilst the judging is going on. It is in Wivenhoe 15th June. I am booked in a Riverside B and B so I can have a drink with the lads in the Black Buoy. Best pub in Wivenhoe after the event. The event is in the British Legion venue

Edited by Justin
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Secla

What Allgrain brewing do you do, I have just started and did one on Sunday. It is fermenting away in my larder fermenter fridge in fastfermenter. Used grainfather and grainfather sparge kettle

Edited by Justin

I’ve also had a grainfather but currently using a 3 pot system.

ive been doing it s few years now any have done countless brews with no major mess ups. It’s all fun and I like to try all different styles