ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!........... Midland tailgate.

Icefever

• 3 months later...

The Midland tailgate seems like it's months away....it's only just over 3 months.  Now is just a reminder to all that if you are planning on camping you do need to phone the site up and book a pitch,  it is a popular site and books up very early.

Ice.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Last night the owner of the pub/campsite phoned me and asked how many pitches did we want for the Midland Tailgate.  The reason being she is now getting folks ringing her asking if she has vacant space for the same weekend.
I told her that at the moment we only have 3 pitches booked, she said that she can hold another 3 (making a total of 6) for a short time,  otherwise, she will be turning away customers when there's no need to.

The BIG QUESTION now is.....do you want to attend the Midland Tailgate???? if so then please ring the site direct and book...time is running out.

Ice.  m0122.gif

OK mate, well done for keeping on top of this, I'm already booked in. l have a small bivvy so happy to share my pitch if more space needed. Also I guess there is pitches for the common area sorted too outside the number of pitches (6) for  the cooking area?

Edited by Justin

The pitches we have are large ones, we are going over this Sunday for lunch to sort out the area we will accommodate for camping.
She is only holding the other 3 pitches for a short time,  I've not paid to hold these at all, so once they have gone, their gone.
I will discuss with her about using a pitch as a cooking area, and if needs be will book & pay for that extra pitch.

Ice.

Spot on at the moment Justin,  I'm hoping that we can drum up interest over the WoodSmoke 19 weekend?? another 2 or 3 pitches would make it a good tailgate.  I'm going to push any body interested in a day visit on the Sat also?? 

Ice.

• 3 weeks later...

I know most of us are thinking about Woodsmoke 19 at the moment, but anyone interested in this Tailgate needs to book a pitch very soon if your camping as we can't hold empty pitches for much longer. The site owner is telling me she has folks wanting to book the same weekend but she is waiting on us. If we don't get enough attending it's not a viable proposition or capable of working successfully....if this is the case then we may cancel no point in wasting our time.

Ice.

That still needs a few more folks to commit to the event?? I think it's too close to Billing as folks don't won't another one within about 3 weeks. i will wait until the week of WoodSmoke19 and then will decide what to do , just to be fair with the camp site owner.

Ice.