New Member, South East

16 hours ago, Bucksend said:

Yeah I looked at ProQ/smokey mountain but didn't think they were worth the extra £££ above a decent UDS. Many advantages over a UDS other than access to the fire?

I have a 47 weber kettle but it's just a bit tight for space if I want to cook any more than a single item. And I'll keep it for hot n fast

My two pennies. A UDS built with a kit or careful positioning of DIY plumbing bits will do the job you want . 

However the PROQ/Weber SM has been designed specifically for the job and if you can spend the dinero takes some of the guesswork out of it . And produced great results. I loved the idea of proving to myself I could build something and subsequently over engineered it lol . 

But I personally realised that being so busy a pit barrel or proq WSM would suit my basic needs  better . 

With the kits we mentioned especially the ones from UDS parts has been engineered to make optimum airflow and great results. 

I have no experience on the big poppas kit

• Like 1