Simon

Lamb in Rosemary and Garlic

Used a half shoulder of lamb I had in the freezer and decided to start the year as I intend to carry on: using the BBQ. 

I grabbed some rosemary from the herb garden, a couple of cloves of garlic, salt and pepper. Mixed them in the mortar and pestle then covered the lamb and left to marinade for a few hours. 

BF642C40-7E98-49F1-9143-3614A78E9BC0.thumb.jpeg.eac200a3ab7e4d47379dae082c5b5791.jpeg

Put it on my Weber kettle with some cherry wood and served with potatoes, carrots, parsnips and broccoli. 5FE9CA84-1C4C-4D7F-B0CA-927B311F5C0D.thumb.jpeg.a56075915b200cd8b6db43aacb75c930.jpeg

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Looks lovely, love slow cooked lamb and it lends itself so well to be marinated and loses a lot of the greasiness you get when cooked at a higher heat.

Cooked this yesterday (in the oven for 6 hours) for 10 people  (indoors) but will definitely cook it outdoors later in the year. A lovely meal. Half the people had it as a Sunday dinner with all the trimmings and the other half as per recipe with the salad and dip, which I thought worked better.

Lamb Kleftico

Edited by sotv

When I lived in Cyprus we used have this regularly, out in the fields with the locals, brilliant lamb

Maybe move this to its own lamb thread and then we can cook it and add photo guide.