Pit barrel

Raptor72

21 hours ago, markie_q said:

Major jealousy here! Love pit barrel cookers.  

Hey I have got a weber and built a uds . But wanted one originally. Got it for £208 . Hopefully will be ok I’m fed up of adjusting temp etc 

and would like to get a cabinet smoker at some point 

• Like 1

On 11/29/2018 at 5:59 PM, Justin said:

Yes. Get inventive. Plenty here mods done on this forum. The trick is to link fan to a controller with a probe so it only goes on at a certain temp max.  

It is easy or as complicated to put together as you like.

Yeah I need to have a good think . It takes me ages lol 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Raptor72 said:

Hey I have got a weber and built a uds . But wanted one originally. Got it for £208 . Hopefully will be ok I’m fed up of adjusting temp etc 

and would like to get a cabinet smoker at some point 

A great price. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it. I try and mimic one with my proq frontier, but would prefer the original. 

3 hours ago, Raptor72 said:

Ooh I saw the pro q I liked the look of that too 

I've only had mine since around March this year, but can't fault it at all. It's incredibly versatile and terrific value for money. Was a tough choice between that and the Weber smokey mountain and think most are happy with whichever one they go for.

I'm finding I'm using it more like a pit barrel each time though, love cooking a spatchcocked chicken with the water pan removed, or hanging chicken halves.

Love the simplicity and ruggedness of a out barrel though. So much space to play with. Like the half grate they do, so you can hang on one side and have smaller items on the other. I bet the flavour you get is going to be outstanding

1 hour ago, markie_q said:

I've only had mine since around March this year, but can't fault it at all. It's incredibly versatile and terrific value for money. Was a tough choice between that and the Weber smokey mountain and think most are happy with whichever one they go for.

I'm finding I'm using it more like a pit barrel each time though, love cooking a spatchcocked chicken with the water pan removed, or hanging chicken halves.

Love the simplicity and ruggedness of a out barrel though. So much space to play with. Like the half grate they do, so you can hang on one side and have smaller items on the other. I bet the flavour you get is going to be outstanding

Yeah I lost out on a used proQ gutted 

You know they haven’t got the grill half or the ash collector pan in the Uk . I’ve asked them if they are getting them in . But they said they haven’t decided. 

40 minutes ago, Raptor72 said:

Yeah I lost out on a used proQ gutted 

You know they haven’t got the grill half or the ash collector pan in the Uk . I’ve asked them if they are getting them in . But they said they haven’t decided. 

I didn't know that. I think the ash collector pan should really come as standard. It's a big ask to empty the ash without it. 

I guess you're going to have to get inventive with some wire cutters and a normal grate to make your own half grate. 

I hope they do bring them out soon. British BBQ is such a growing market and it's a great product. 

34 minutes ago, Raptor72 said:

You know I said that to them . I might see if I can start importing them in or something 

Could be a nice little earner. They're such a simple but effective idea. You'd imagine they should be an easy sell, if there is ever such a thing.