Justin

ceramic bulb heater for cold smoker

Elitech digital controller cheap as chips arrived and I have connected  to Ceramic Bulb.  I extended the power wire to the bulb by 6m so I can keep controller inside and the bulb can stretch across to the smoker.

2m temp probe is too short so ordered 5m probe and will wire that into the digital controller.  Easy to do once you have look inside. Just check where the existing thermocouple wires into and copy  with the longer probe wire

It works perfect.  Heats up the small wsm quick smart to 20 21 degs c. form 112 degs c outside.  Nearly set up for  winter cold smoking when 20 degs c called for in smoked salmon per Wades  and Ruedeleglise advice, thx both

I would set it up with extractor fan in the garage, but no power in the garage and that is not going to change any time soon

My only concern is it K sensor wire, which I think is fine but not sure.

• Like 1

Sounds like quite a setup. Do you have some photos? A 5 metre probe wire will take some looking after... Have you got an old kite string winder to keep it on?

Waiting for cable. Will be a couple weeks from China! I have some cable ties that I use to tidy up my laptop are up for work. They will keep it need and tidy.

1543266006362338871292.thumb.jpg.9f9cb11d6b4a1654f92df5a2842a81d3.jpg

• Like 1