What do I really need? Which smoker? Any other basic kit?

Sarah Duffy

9 hours ago, Raptor72 said:

Yeah look out for a second hand decent smoker . Those cheap new ones I think you need to silicone seal them 

+ 1 with Raptor, using silicone sealer like this .....  https://shop.vitcas.com/heat-resistant-silicone-sealant-310ml-vitcas-15-p-asp.html

Helps where two sections come together, like a firebox on an offset, chimney on a smoker (both hot & cold).   You'll find tape easier to work with than rope,  I know I've tried.  ?  as most are Self-Adhesive ....

https://shop.vitcas.com/products/high-temperature-textiles/thermal-webbing-tapes.html   take your time to research what you want in a smoker and read up from other folks what they had to do to get the best from theirs..

Ice.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Justin said:

Depends what you can afford. 

Sod all really ? byron is an IT contractor. He finished his last contract end of July and we’ve pretty much been camping the whole time since! Odd few days back home for me to catch up on orders. So we shouldn’t be spending really. I’ll be good this time. Something will come up when the time is right.

1 minute ago, Sarah Duffy said:

Sod all really ? byron is an IT contractor. He finished his last contract end of July and we’ve pretty much been camping the whole time since! Odd few days back home for me to catch up on orders. So we shouldn’t be spending really. I’ll be good this time. Something will come up when the time is right.

He had another role lined up which fell through so its all down to me to bring home the bacon at the moment! Isaac is fine with that.. he loves bacon. ?

1 minute ago, Icefever said:

Been there, done that,  just wait until they hit the teens, then you won't get them out of bed.  ? 

Ice.

Yes... so I’m told... I dream of those days... he’s on hot chocolate. I’m on the coffee. I’ve not been to bed yet!

Edited by Sarah Duffy
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Sarah Duffy said:

Ah ha! Good excuse. I have 4year old and 1 year old who HATE sleep. We’re wondering if they’re definitely ours.

5 hours ago, Icefever said:

I could ask you the same??  ?  I'm a trucker I start most days at 0400,  I'm having a lie in this morning won't start until 05.30.   First day back.

Ice.

Damn I own truck driving agency