Turkey & Tinsel Weekend.

sotv

Unfortunately no motorhomes allowed on this site. 

From my own personal point of view. I think for the cost per person and turnout of actual cookers. I think there aren't the numbers for this year at this moment in time and things like logistics, covered area for cooking if the weather is poor and the like for the actual cost. I have decided due to this. i personally will drop out for this year. 

I will look at another venue for next year, in the next few months, that allows motorhomes and a purpose built BBQ Hut or covered area at a venue more along the central spine of England to make travelling easier for people from all points of the country.. Hopefully with more notice, talking about the idea at future tailgates next year, it will pique a few more peoples interest maybe?

That doesn't mean it still can't go ahead this year. if someone wants to step in and leave it for a bit longer before committing to a booking to see if more numbers can be reached.

Since my original post I have had to commit to 2 weekends of family functions. xmas trips and have another in the pipeline for November. So it is getting more difficult with dates.

I appreciate all the posts and work you have done Justin to get this rolling and if you want to carry on for this year or even sort something out for next year instead of me, please feel free to do so..

OK, I agree, it is push at the moment so let it go and arrange for ext year at a different site.  I do not mind doing the arranging on here but sites I am grateful if someone else take that on or I will be dumping it in Essex! Maybe the same place we did for the summer  Woodsmoke will be a better idea, they had everything pods motorhomes pitches common area....lets park it for the moment.

It’s a good idea the Turkey & Tinsel, but needs to be organised well ahead of time, and a site like Billing Aquadrome, that can cater for all.

Will Start a search for sites along with everyone else.

Key Points for a site.

Pods/cabins/lodges

Camping ??☃️

Motorhome/Caravan.

Prefered hardstanding for cooking on due to time of year.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2018 at 2:19 PM, Smokin Monkey said:

Just checked Billing and for this year,  30th November or 7th December no availability!

Can not check 2019 availability, but would have to book as soon as they are released.

Makes sense to use a tried and tested site, that caters for all needs and it is pretty central for most people. Along with the fact the earlier it is booked the more notice people will have. Are you happy to contact them in the New Year for details, availability and prices? If not can you pm me the details  and I will ring them early next year.

• Like 2

Thanks mate, Billing is excellent so good idea.  I know it is long way away time wise but already exciting, Something different with  a Christmas theme, But we should work out who does what, ie lets not have 10 turkeys! if we write a menu of items first and then everyone selects an item off it in what ever style they want to.....it turkey ham trifle, Christmas pudding mince pies etc......

And if some of us  (in fact this can work at all events) a vac machine and bags the excess can be bagged and doggy bagged away.  

• Like 2