Table Top Fridge

sotv

Quick question if anybody can help. Looking to buy a table top fridge as it is will be going in the spare room, to refrigerate cured meats, cheese etc.

It isn't easy as it sounds as most have an ice box, which isn't needed and risks unnecessary leaking for me  and the drip trays nowadays tend to sit on the shelf below it now, losing even more space.

Thought I had found the ideal one for my needs Ice King as the dimensions suggest it would hold a 32cm food bucket for brining also and a wire rack shelf for hanging meats. But after speaking to the manufacturer, they think (not 100% sure) it may have a step at the bottom and with the door furniture would reduce the internal dimensions too much for a bucket. Vendor couldn't confirm as they get it from a central warehouse distributor.

If anyone knows of a model of tabletop refrigerator anti-bacterial; without ice box, wire not glass shelf preferably with a straight vertical back at least 32cm clear depth at the bottom,  for under a £100 I would be grateful for a link.

Edited by sotv

Aldi have one in that price range

This wine cooler from Currys could also fit the bill - it will cool down to 8 C and it will be at least the depth of a wine bottle right to the bottom

If you are looking for clear internal space you will probably need a "cooler" rather than a mini fridge as the fridges tent to have the compressor at the bottom which takes a big chunk out of the fridge space making it quite narrow.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wade said:

This wine cooler from Currys could also fit the bill - it will cool down to 8 C and it will be at least the depth of a wine bottle right to the bottom

If you are looking for clear internal space you will probably need a "cooler" rather than a mini fridge as the fridges tent to have the compressor at the bottom which takes a big chunk out of the fridge space making it quite narrow.

A wine cooler would certainly widen my options available to me. My only concerns when it came to keeping food in them, is the anti bacterial element to a fridge isn't available to coolers in general and I believe wine coolers operate with a much higher humidity than a fridge?  I see one of the coolers you listed went down to 4° C and I certainly could just about keep meat at that temperature, but as that  is the roughly about the maximum temperature to keep meats, my only concern was if it wasn't accurate and was to go above that temperature then it may become a problem.

14 hours ago, Wade said:

Loving that Aldi one, if i had room for it anywhere I'd have one purely to keep smoked cheese and meat ready for smoking in. :)