1st Northern Tailgate & BBQ Weekend Menu Ideas

Justin

I will be doing

Rather scarily Just doing Sides to balance against the huge range of meat we saw at the last event.

Friday

roasted Pepper and Bacon Bruschetta and pear and parma ham bruschetta for Nibbles on Friday as well as kebabs.not sure what sort maybe masala again maybe lamb shish.

Sat Breakfast

eggs provencale again,

Sat Feast

Cornbread,

Roasted Pepper with Grilled onions and feta salad

Red flannel Hash

German Potato Salad

Devilled eggs with hot sauce

Pudding

Tarte tatin

Pineapple upside down cake

• Like 2

Thinkink of something down these lines.

Friday.

Popcorn for nibbles, will think of some thing quick for Mains, possibly Burgers, as it will be 18.00-18.30before I arrive.  

Saturday.

Goulash with BBQ Dauphinoise Potatoes to serve along side the Goulash.

Belly Pork Burnt Ends

Pork Cheek Tacos.

Possibly Asado Cross Chicken. 

Sausage Cobs for Breakfast?

• Like 2

We won't be there until 18.00,  we are bringing the Brinkman for a go on the Sat. 

Because of us coming directly from holiday we're thinking of doing some Sea Bass for main??? Still thinking about something else??

Rosemary is going to bake a carrot & walnut cake to have later...

Ice.

• Like 3

Anyone else cooking? I note from facebook:

Paul: Depending on how my hot links turn out today I’ll probably do some of them, thinking about jerk pork too. 

Neil: I'm thinking lamb kebab for Saturday and that's as far as I go. With salad and naan bread

James: Lamb tikka with grilled cauliflower and chickpea salad. Moroccan lamb with roasted veg cous cous. Flatbreads(shop bought) chicken and bacon wrapped pork fillet. Cola glazed smoked gammon.

Martin: Porchetta stuffed with haggis and whiskey soaked cranberries, not sure what with yet and some variation of moink balls, possibly stuffed with jalapeno poppers or mozzarella

OH, good luck with the procedure, hope the recovery goes well.

re help I really enjoyed you cooking with me last time; thank you for that ;there are others who helped   too so we shall see, i like making teams 

Edited by Justin

Ice  and Ice Ice lady:  We're going with Fish for this event, because of time restrictions on us as we don't get back from Portugal until that Fri. We hit Bristol airport around noon, drive to Warwick. Swap cars then drive to Holmfirth...so we decided to go fishy, We have a fish van every Wed so have ordered a Coley....ask for a big one. The others will be sea Bass or Bream won't know for a couple of weeks...

Smokin monkey:  Asado Chicken for a bit of fun on Saturday.   Friday night will be Smashed Burgers, topped with Cheese and a serving of Pulled Beef Brisket, and some Green Stuff.

• Like 1

Just found another pudding that can do easy prep and leave. Easy to scale up.  Seeing as no crepes how about this. Super easy and I can bring the sous vide wand if anyone has a suitbale container they can loan me for the day (i only use a pasta pot at home because I cook for 2. I will practice it at home first and see if it is worth it. I am also thinking sous vide potatoes and then grill for the salads I am doing.

Doce de Banana

INGREDIENTS

• 5 small bananas, firm but ripe, peeled and cut into chunks
  • 1 cup (200 g) brown sugar
  • 2 cinnamon sticks
  • 6 whole cloves
  • Whipped cream or vanilla ice cream for serving

DIRECTIONS
1. Fill and preheat the SousVide Supreme water oven to 176F/80C.
2. Put the bananas, brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, and cloves into a small cooking pouch and vacuum seal. Use the Gentle setting, if available, to avoid crushing the fruit. (Interrupt the sealing by forcing the seal if the fruit begins to be crushed.)
3. Submerge the pouch in the water oven to cook for 30 to 40 minutes, until bananas are soft and the sugar has melted.
4. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
5. Open pouch and remove the cinnamon sticks and cloves.
6. Serve bananas warm in a bowl topped with whipped cream or over vanilla ice cream.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just packing ingredients and decided I will do a litre sous vide rice pudding too. It can cook away when the beef hearts finish. Easy to make in 1 litre kilner jar. Have made it once before and it was Delicious> I have some pre made dulche de leche in the fridge that sweetens the pudding, I will bring with me. Happy to demonstrate to anyone interested. I can cool down a bit whilst the feast is eaten! Then if anyone can manage pudding, there will be rice pudding and pineapple upsidedown cake served with double cream if there is any left for laters

• Like 1

My revised recipe list I will be trying to cook

Friday

Roasted Pepper and Bacon Bruschetta

Pear & Parma Ham Bruschetta

Lamb Shish Kebabs  Tahini Dressing in Pitta bread.

Sat Breakfast

Eggs Provencale again, on Sourdough

Sat Feast

Cornbread,

Roasted Pepper with Grilled onions and feta salad

Red flannel Hash

Beef Heart Anitchuros

Devilled eggs with hot sauce

Pudding

Caramel Rice Pudding Sous Vide

Pineapple upside down cake

Fingers crossed!