The new 2018 model Callow / Cook4All is now shipping

Wade

Yesterday afternoon my new Cook4All (ne Callow) smoker arrived. I can now get rid of all of the prototype parts that the factory have sent me over the past 6 months whilst I was helping Scott at Callow to fine tune the smoker design. Those of you at WoodSmoke 18 would have seen "Franken-Cook4All" which was the new shipping version but made out of factory prototype parts. The instruction manual that now comes with it looks much better too.

1261514111_NewCook4Allinbox.thumb.jpg.03751b10a5394f88565e6d5e929f4a0b.jpg

Later this week I will be assembling it and giving it a test run. I will let you know how it goes.

Look what is now being put into every BBQ/Smoker/Pizza oven that they ship :thumb1:

1314351585_WSFposterinbox.thumb.jpg.1df1529843d110bfe6abf6950760f80f.jpg

A big thank you to Scott and Garden Gift Shop for having the flyers printed for us and agreeing to help us promote the forum :first:

• Like 3

On 8/1/2018 at 8:43 AM, Wade said:

Now that I have worked out how to use my new GoPro Hero I will use the smoker to start making a few new videos if there is sufficient demand.

Got a couple of the cheap Action Cameras, was going to set them up at WoodSmoke 18 but forgot. Will try and set them up at The Northern Tailgate & BBQ Weekend.

Yes you are correct, tailgate parties first came about as a result of the early days of college American football. Then people would gather round wagons. Now it's typically 4x4 cars with their tailgates down. Fans cram barbecue grills, tents and even televisions into their cars, decorated with team colours, and head to the stadium car park to eat, drink and play games, often for several hours before a game begins.

The term "Tailgate" only seems to have really been used in the UK for the past 6-10 years as the American BBQ style and American football have been increasing popularity over here. Recently the term tailgate has been adopted by BBQ groups on Facebook in the UK to mean a meeting or gathering - usually spread over 2 or more days and usually in a campsite - often with a central area set up for music. The main difference between the "tailgate" and what we do at the Smokers Weekend is that, rather than coordinate and organise to have the food prepared for a certain time and create a feast table, at a tailgate people usually cook their food throughout the day in their pitch area and when it is ready make it available for others to try. The venues selected by the Smokers Weekend also usually have better facilities and are more "family friendly" than the typical tailgate venue. The Northern Tailgate and BBQ weekend is likely to be a bit of a hybrid of the two types of event.

This is the definition I found,

tailgate party is a social event held on and around the open tailgate of a vehicle. Tailgating, which originated in the United States, often involves consuming alcoholic beverages and grilling food. Tailgate parties occur in the parking lots at stadiums and arenas, before and occasionally after games and concerts.”

Seemes fully describe our get together!

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...