29 ml Chilli Paste
19 ml Ground Cumin
19 ml Ground Coriander
9 ml Paprika
9 ml Cayenne Pepper
19 ml Salt
118 ml Vegetable Oil

Directions:

1. In a large bowl, mix minced lamb, onions, mint, coriander, ginger paste and chilli paste. Season with cumin, coriander, paprika, cayenne and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.

2. Shape 1/8th of the lamb mixture into sausages around skewers. Make sure the meat is spread to an even thickness. Refrigerate until you are ready to cook.

24798B0C-BF35-4E99-817D-3B8302A5969B.thumb.jpeg.734bed289f5c141124787a3a341c8492.jpeg

3. Preheat barbecue for high heat.

4. Brush grate liberally with oil and arrange skewers on barbecue. Cook for 10 minutes or until well done, turning as needed to brown evenly.

8458ED73-38D1-490C-9ACB-F5C5EEB20EB0.thumb.jpeg.5b01aba651a9398cef8555b4be343910.jpeg

Back to The Smokin Monkey Cook Book

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I am going to cook these sometime, love kebabs. Do you flatten them  and they plump up to rounder shape when cooking?

I remember being in a Indian take away on brick lane once and they did roly poly kebabs which was basically a super spicey keema and wrapped in a flat bread.  Was delicious. Must try that. Loads of chilies. The lamb can take the spice.  I ate them on the hoof on tube to see the footy, just the thing after a belly full of beer

13 hours ago, Justin said:

I am going to cook these sometime, love kebabs. Do you flatten them  and they plump up to rounder shape when cooking?

As I remember, I made quite a few of them, and stacked them on top of each other, think some of the bottom ones got a bit squashed.

Should be round, but slightly flattened, would give a bigger surface area, not so thick and would cook quicker.

• 2 months later...

As I have just joined I am soo far behind so apologies for posts a long time after the originals. I had a conversation with the owner of a catering company who suggested that if you cook a lot of these you can freeze them and then rejuvenate in a house hold steamer.

No problem. Sous vide frozen koftas? I like the char on bbq kofta. And the oil. So not sure would be good for home cook. Catering. I know pulled pork ahead on smoker then sous vide to warm up at venue can work?

Edited by Justin