Woodsmoke 2019 - National Smokers and BBQ Weekend. Billing Aquadrome. 19-21 July

Wade

Following the roaring success of the 2018 National Smokers Weekend we will be returning to Billing Aquadrome in July 2019. This will be our 6th year for the event and we will be making it bigger and better.

The National Smokers and BBQ weekend is a non competitive event for the whole family where you can come along and enjoy cooking for an appreciative crowd. If you are new to BBQ/Smoking and are looking to gain experience and confidence then you will be amongst friends who can help and guide you. If you are a seasoned smoker then come along and show us what you can cook whilst encouraging others to progress along their own BBQ journey. This is a family event so non-BBQ family and friends are all welcome.

735489875_Thebanquet3.thumb.jpg.a31d02949f4e5d7d8e1ef474b4324bc4.jpg

You only need to bring is yourself, your BBQ*, the food you plan to cook and a chair. The cooking pitch, gazebos, food prep area, chiller trailer and serving tables will all be provided. 
* a limited number of shared BBQ/Smokers may be available for use on the day but will be on a first come basis.

1416325756_BBQ1.thumb.jpg.5271f4933ad71f264bd7d90b1a6501c3.jpg1804555422_BBQ2.thumb.jpg.9156454fe0caff51fd994c7c3b14b1be.jpg

The weekend runs from the afternoon of Friday 19th July until Sunday 21st with the main feast being cooked and served on the Saturday afternoon. For accommodation you have the choice of booking a camping or caravan/motorhome pitch or alternatively a glamping "Pod". To reserve your accommodation you simply need to call Billing Aquadrome on 01524 781453, quoting the group reservation number "WOODSMOKE19". They are open 9am to 5pm Monday to Sunday. Billing Aquadrome will be increasing their prices in 2019 and so if you book early and pay a deposit you can you can get your pitch fixed at the 2018 prices. The first 20 bookings made before the end of January 2019 will be allocated camping pitches close to the cooking area in the "Shelduck 3" area of the site. Bookings made after this date may be located a little further away.

1108685268_FoodPrep1.thumb.jpg.38273e6e77510f32d025b0f7cce8b1b4.jpg

If there is sufficient demand we can also arrange for masterclasses to be given to cover specific Smoking and BBQ skills throughout the weekend.

Come along and enjoy a fun weekend with the family. Great food, great music and great company.

There is no additional cost for attending the National Smokers and BBQ weekend, although we will be encouraging modest donations to help cover the costs of the cooking pitches and other organisation expenses

• Like 3

• Wade pinned and featured this topic

Wish I had the confidence to participate . My excuse this time was that the weekend coincided with my giant pork shoulder party mentioned elsewhere on this forum.

Maybe next year, or at least a visit, only down the road after all.

Pork turned out fantastic by the way with no wrapping. 

Edited by Sluggy
Changed wording
  • Like 1

Tell me about the rain, I’m not far from there and I fired up at 9pm Friday, typical, nothing for weeks then everything at once. Normal English bbq weather as usual. Spent the whole night nursing the smoker until 4pm next day. Tired but worth it. Did a rolled brisket to perfection at the same time, but not for the same length of time.

• Like 1

Been a while folks! I have been getting on with quite a few smokes this year.
Had a canopy put up over the patio, so I can now truly smoke 365.
I'm averaging 2 smokes a month.

Also shelled out for a (awaits abuse) new Gasser! It's a pretty big Outback and I LOVE it.
Been BBQ'ing EVERYDAY for 3 months now. (Unless I am smoking) The benefits of a gasser.

@Icefever ... I am in Telford. ?

Tried to book the Aquadrome online... but the dates only go up to December. Will double check with the wife and call them ASAP.