Cold Smoke event?

Justin

A good thought however the challenge with a cold smoke event is the length of time it takes to to smoke the food and let it rest. For example smoked salmon takes at least 2 days and the cheese takes at least 2 weeks. It would mainly have to be food that people had smoked in advance and brought along to eat. 

• Like 1

That is a good idea...I think next event at Northern tailgate , rather than a big meat dish, i will do a selection of sides. lift the quality of that with some smoked vegetables etc.  I have some ideas. Bit like the smoked artichoke hearts and pepper dish I did but  wider scope.  Also Thinking of having a theme like greek bbq or something like that for my next cook off

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Wade said:

A good thought however the challenge with a cold smoke event is the length of time it takes to to smoke the food and let it rest. For example smoked salmon takes at least 2 days and the cheese takes at least 2 weeks. It would mainly have to be food that people had smoked in advance and brought along to eat. 

That smoked cheese you gave me wade is delicious, I have been pairing up with toasted sourdough, tomato and mayonnaise. 

• 1 year later...

Yes enjoy feast of cold smoked food and fo dome cold smokd demos. Enjoy a drink or 10.  Just a matter of fitting it in. Maybe as a part of tailgate. I took smoked salmon and cheese to national. So much going on there though. The regionals tend to be more relaxed.

I  organise a dog owners bbq in the park in front of my house. That atteacts about 30 people with there dogs. It is mega relaxed. I take salmon and cheese to that

And hot smoked drumsticks and the like. Everyone there is amazed at the quality of taste.  The next one is 15th March. Weather permitting