First competition for 4 years!!

Eddie Buttle

Last weekend I competed in my first competition in four years and I have that bug again more than ever!! In the past I have competed with my family as Invicta BBQ. When I say "competed"! It's was more like dragging them all along with what dad wants to do. While I got walks in all categories I started to lose the love for it and a break is what was needed. Whilst on FB last year and reading about other peoples adventures within competition bbq  I started to get the taste for it again. Then I met my new team member and started up a new team called Pitmaster Jedi with Joe Todd, the younger part of our team. Last weekend we competed in Qfest in Devon that was sanctioned by KCBS. It was great to meet up with old friends and new and Friday night with many beers and bourbon was consumed, thanks to Wade. Saturday waking up to a sore head I was approached by a food vendor at the venue with a flat white coffee that was much appreciated and free! Saturday was manly taken up by side rounds of Burger, steak, lamb, pizza and chilli. As this was a public event it was great to interact with them and any food that wasn't placed into the competition was quickly consume by the bbq enthusiast. The main competition turn-ins was on Sunday of chicken, ribs, pork and brisket. This meant straight after Saturday rounds were finished with it was prep time. We finished 3:30am. Sunday Iit looked like even more people turned up and some came back again that attended Saturday for more food. As each round is going in more food food was being consumed by the ever willing public. It was great to see peoples faces light and say "wow, oh my god" I even noticed one women say to her husband "why can't you cook like that"  At the end of the weekend we got two walks, one in pizza and the other in chicken. As it was our first competition we didn't expect anything, so obviously happy but very tired. Onward and up upwards onto the next competition in September at Smoke on the waters in Devon. 

qfest brisket.jpg

qfest chicken.jpg

qfest pork.jpg

qfest ribs.jpg

• Like 1

Great to see you again Eddie. The food was great (as always) and thanks for supplying supper on Friday night. I will get some more Woodford Reserve for when we meet up in Devon :thumb1:. I think it helps to relieve the stress....

I hope you had an uneventful journey home.

Cheers, Wade

• Like 1