2018 National Smokers & BBQ Weekend Menu Ideas

I figuring might put some ribs  or a belly pork rolled with lots of crackling on second grate but i am bit concerned at size of pork shoulder I am getting fitting. I only have the small smoker. maybe we do some swapping round based on size of joints between the smokers

On 6/26/2018 at 7:11 AM, Wade said:

I am happy to do a straight brisket and some vegetarian beans. Also some pork ribs. I will probably also bring along the crepe maker and do some caramelised fruit and/or fresh strawberry crepes for dessert.

Hi Wade, just thinking, we have a crepe maker, do you need us to bring it??

just thinking again on dessert. Ii will do a tarte tatin in poultry roasting tin with espresso cream. Easy to make. just takes a little while of course for the apples to cook and the pastry take 20 25 mins, about 40 mins in all to cook

• Like 1

Just now, Justin said:

just thinking again on dessert. Ii will do a tarte tatin in poultry roasting tin with espresso cream. Easy to make. just takes a little while of course for the apples to cook and the pastry take 20 25 mins, about 40 mins in all to cook

Should be enough to give most people  a little but to taste.  How many are we by the way?  If anyone can bring another pan we can make more to go round.  If you want make it too puff pastry rolled, gala apples, brown sugar, pinch of salt and 75g of softened butter.  grill  200 deg c for 15 mins  cover with pasty  back in 20 25 mins for the pastry to go golden. sprinkle bit brown sugar on pastry if you want or not, personal taste.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Justin said:

Should be enough to give most people  a little but to taste.  How many are we by the way?  If anyone can bring another pan we can make more to go round.  If you want make it too puff pastry rolled, gala apples, brown sugar, pinch of salt and 75g of softened butter.  grill  200 deg c for 15 mins  cover with pasty  back in 20 25 mins for the pastry to go golden. sprinkle bit brown sugar on pastry if you want or not, personal taste.

20180716_174118.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mrs Ice said:

Hi Wade, just thinking, we have a crepe maker, do you need us to bring it??

Is it gas or electric? A second crepe maker would be useful as when people are ready for desserts you cannot make them fast enough.

11 hours ago, Wade said:

Is it gas or electric? A second crepe maker would be useful as when people are ready for desserts you cannot make them fast enough.

It,s  electric,  also do you need some farm fresh eggs?  as I am bringing a tray for Justin to use so just let me know.

20180717_120916 (1).jpg

Edited by Mrs Ice

how many eggs, I am not sure how many for breakfast tomatoes and eggs,  i guess in skillet I could do 6 at a time maybe 8.  Does anyone else want to cook same or something different at the same time to make enough?  I understand 25 people coming, no idea how many for breakfast.

Actually should we have a menu if items written down so everyone knows what is being cooked when. Me Curry Chicken kebabs Friday dinner,  can some else do lamb shish kebabs and we can have beer and kebabs night.  Spiced smoked nuts. Breakfast Tomatoes and eggs for breakfast.  Feast Pepper wrap tuna, pacific rim roast pork shoulder. Dessert Apple tarte tatin espresso cream. What about breakfast Sunday morning?

On 7/8/2018 at 4:28 PM, Justin said:

Breakfast. I can have a bash at egg provencale. Chopped toms in skillet. 1tsp Garlic herbs 2tspchopped basil 2 tsp chopped thyme 1 tsp finely chopped rosemary salt peppet goats cheese. Make 8 wells in tomatoes after 15 mins. Fill wells with egg. Lid on 7 to 10. Scoop and place on thick toast. Crumble goats cheese ontop. Eat. Shall we?

1531063674559492724461.jpg

Hi you, besides the eggs  I can also bring 8  tin's of chopped tom 's a load of fresh rosemary and fresh basil, will this help for the sat breakfast

For Friday night I am making a large cheese and onion quiche a salad  one of my tom and onion loaves and a bread pudding 

Sorry, also my own secret salad dressing

Edited by Mrs Ice

18 minutes ago, Mrs Ice said:

Hi you, besides the eggs  I can also bring 8  tin's of chopped tom 's a load of fresh rosemary and fresh basil, will this help for the sat breakfast

For Friday night I am making a large cheese and onion quiche a salad  one of my tom and onion loaves and a bread pudding 

Need some soughdough bread for toast.  

21 minutes ago, Mrs Ice said:

Need some soughdough bread for toast.